Request for consultation
Have a specific question or not sure where to start? Fill out the form below and we'll put you in touch with our best rockstar consultant to answer your questions
Whether you're guiding beginners or experienced professionals, Green's 3-2-1 CODE IT! 5E offers you the most comprehensive, easy-to-use medical coding guide on the market with the tools to keep learners as current as possible. This best-selling book addresses the latest updates on ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT®, and HCPCS Level II coding sets, conventions, and guidelines. The book's well-organized, intuitive approach begins with diagnosis coding before building on this foundation with more in-depth instruction on procedures and services. You'll find coverage of both ICD-9 and ICD-10 code sets as well as separate, thorough chapters on outpatient and inpatient coding. Extensive mid-chapter exercises, end-of-chapter practice, case studies, study checklists and questions prepare readers for earning coding credentials, while strategic tips on career advancement help emerging professionals achieve more. 3-2-1 CODE IT! 5E's extensive support package includes a workbook, a brand-new MindTap with a complete digital interactive learning experience, and EncoderPro.com software to help readers master the most current coding skills needed for success today.
- UPDATES HIGHLIGHT THE LATEST ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT®, AND HCPCS LEVEL II CODE SETS, CONVENTIONS, AND GUIDELINES. This edition's up-to-the-minute content corresponds with the latest ICD-10 change, helping readers master coding skills needed for immediate certification and future professional opportunities.
- Recent federal legislation rescheduled the ICD-10 implementation date in the United States to October 1, 2015 rather than October 1, 2014. Therefore, chapters 2-6 have been split into Chapters 2A-6A to cover ICD-9 and Chapters 2B-6B to cover ICD-10 to ensure that readers have a proper understanding of both code sets during this time of impending implementation.
- EXPANDED CONTENT ABOUT CPT® CATEGORY II AND III CODES PREPARES READERS TO WORK WITH EMERGING TECHNOLOGY AND SERVICES. Readers learn how to work with the most recent codes, including those added since the last printing of the CPT® coding manual.
- REVISED FORMS, EXAMPLES, RESOURCES AND VISUALS CLARIFY CONCEPTS FOR READERS. This edition offers the most up-to-date sample forms, meaningful examples, helpful web resources and clear visual aids that provide readers a working familiarity with routine coding activities.
- ENHANCED END-OF-CHAPTER STUDY AND REVIEW PREPARES READERS FOR CERTIFICATION EXAMS, ONLINE AND PROFESSIONAL CHALLENGES. This book offers more substantial end-of-chapter practice than any other book on the market, including multiple-choice questions coding case studies, new analysis problems and internet applications.
- NEW LEARNING LABS ENABLE YOU TO ASSESS KNOWLEDGE WITH HANDS-ON APPLICATIONS. This online homework solution allows readers to practice concepts in a simulated real-world medical environment for improved retention. Readers increase comprehensive and critical thinking skills with this innovative learning tool that prepares them for today's workplace.
- COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE DETAILS BOTH INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT CODING INFORMATION IN ONE RESOURCE. This all-in-one coding book devotes a full chapter to inpatient coding and another to outpatient coding in addition to coverage of insurance, reimbursements coding conventions, guidelines and procedures.
- INTERESTING EXAMPLES, NOTES AND TIPS REINFORCE EACH CODING CONCEPT. Readers quickly retain and can easily review concepts with helpful learning features throughout this edition.
- HANDY TABLES ORGANIZE CODING CONVENTIONS IN AN "AT-A-GLANCE" FORMAT. These accessible tables offer instant tools for immediate and long-term reference and review.
- IMMEDIATE FOCUS ON CODING CAREERS EQUIPS READERS TO ADVANCE PROFESSIONALLY. Whether readers are beginning coders at the start of their coding careers or experienced professionals, this edition's opening chapter provides a useful career overview with corresponding exercises to help readers create effective resumes and become actively involved in professional associations and online forums.
- EXCLUSIVE ENCODERPRO SOFTWARE GIVES READERS HANDS-ON PRACTICE USING A LEADING WEB-BASED CODING TOOL. Readers learn how to use commercial software to look up codes in seconds and save time while still complying with coding guidelines.
- MOST UP-TO-DATE, ACCURATE INFORMATION ON HIPAA STANDARDS PREPARES READERS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS. This edition details the most recent information on HIPAA standards as well as ever-changing coding guidelines and certification requirements.
- EXPANDED, EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND REVIEW OF THE LEGAL ASPECTS OF CODING PREPARES READERS TO MAKE INFORMED PROFESSIONAL DECISIONS. Readers examine electronic filing, discovery, duty to prevent spoliation, evidence laws and ethical standards within today's medical coding environments.
- ADDITIONAL COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS BOTH COMPUTER-ASSISTED CODING (CAC) AS WELL AS E&M CODING. Readers master the nuances of computer-assisted coding (CAC) to ensure accurate review and validation, while clear illustrations and solid explanations detail E&M Coding for reimbursement.
2A. Introduction to ICD-9-CM Coding.
2B. Introdution to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding.
3A. ICD-9-CM Coding Conventions.
3B. ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Conventions.
4A. ICD-9-CM Coding Guidelines.
4B. ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Guidelines.
5A. ICD-9-CM Hospital Inpatient Coding.
5B. ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Hospital Inpatient Coding.
6A. ICD-9-CM Physician Office and Outpatient Coding.
6B. ICD-10-CM Physician Office and Outpatient Coding.
7. HCPCS Level II National Coding.
8. Introduction to CPT Coding.
9. CPT Evaluation and Management.
10. CPT Anesthesia
11. CPT Surgery I.
12. CPT Surgery II.
13. CPT Surgery III.
14. CPT Surgery IV.
15. CPT Surgery V.
16. CPT Radiology.
17. CPT Pathology and Laboratory.
18. CPT Medicine.
19. Insurance and Reimbursement.
Appendix I. E/M CodeBuilder.
Appendix II. Coding Practice Using www.EncoderPro.com.
Quick Notes: Inpatient ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding; Outpatient ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM Coding; CPT Coding.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion WebSite
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
The student workbook is design to help your students retain key chapter content. This resource includes chapter objective questions; key-term definition queries; and multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-or-false problems.
The student workbook is design to help you retain key chapter content. This resource includes helpful chapter objective questions; key-term definition queries; and multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-or-false problems.