Request for consultation
Have a specific question or not sure where to start? Fill out the form below and we'll put you in touch with our best rockstar consultant to answer your questions
3-2-1 CODE IT! 4E is the premier, easy-to-use medical coding guide for both beginners and experienced professionals. This best-selling textbook begins with diagnosis coding, then builds on this foundation through in-depth instruction on ICD-9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS Level II coding. 3-2-1 CODE IT! 4E prepares students better than ever for earning a coding credential by using the latest code sets, conventions, and guidelines. This edition also features strategic tips on career advancement that students will find helpful for years to come.
- Updated coverage of the HIPAA standards gives students the most accurate information available.
- Expanded and easy-to-understand treatment of the legal aspects to coding, including electronic filing, discovery, duty to prevent spoliation, evidence laws and ethical standards keeps students abreast of these important considerations.
- New sample forms, examples, web resources and visual aids give students a working familiarity with routine coding activities.
- Enhanced study and review features include new analysis problems, end-of-chapter questions, and internet applications.
- Contains in-depth detail on ICD-9-CM, CPT, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and HCPCS code sets, conventions, and guidelines with side-by-side ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding.
- Provides additional coverage of Computer-Assisted Coding (CAC) as well as illustrated E&M coding content.
- Features comprehensive inpatient and outpatient ICD-9-CM coding information.
- Includes interesting Examples, Notes and Tips for each coding concept.
- Incorporartes handy Tables to help organize coding conventions using an 'at-a-glance' format.
2. Introduction to ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding.
3. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding Conventions.
4. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding Guidelines.
5. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Hospital Inpatient Coding.
6. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM Physician Office and Outpatient Coding.
7. HCPCS Level II National Coding.
8. Introduction to CPT Coding.
9. CPT Evaluation and Management.
10. CPT Anesthesia
11. CPT Surgery I.
12. CPT Surgery II.
13. CPT Surgery III.
14. CPT Surgery IV.
15. CPT Surgery V.
16. CPT Radiology.
17. CPT Pathology and Laboratory.
18. CPT Medicine.
19. Insurance and Reimbursement.
Appendix I. E/M CodeBuilder.
Appendix II. ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
Appendix III. Coding Practice Using www.EncoderPro.com.
Inpatient ICD-9-CM (or ICD-10-CM/PCS) Coding Quick Notes.
Outpatient ICD-9-CM (or ICD-10-CM) Coding.
“The "coding tips" are very explanatory. I love the way the book is structured, table of contents. It goes hand in hand in how I teach my students.”
“I have recommended this textbook to other colleagues to teach coding. Because of the step by step approach this textbook is fantastic for the beginner coder that is seeking a position in a physicians’ office, outpatient clinic, lab, urgent care center and emergency department billing.”
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion WebSite
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
The student workbook is design to help your students retain key chapter content. This resource includes chapter objective questions; key-term definition queries; and multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-or-false problems.
The student workbook is design to help you retain key chapter content. This resource includes helpful chapter objective questions; key-term definition queries; and multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-or-false problems.