Request for consultation
Have a specific question or not sure where to start? Fill out the form below and we'll put you in touch with our best rockstar consultant to answer your questions
100% INFORMATION LITERACY SUCCESS, a text in the 100% Success Series, teaches students and professionals to develop crucial information skills to succeed in today's academic and professional environments. The second edition of 100% INFORMATION LITERACY SUCCESS is designed to actively help students to develop skills beyond the classroom, focusing on those skills necessary for twenty-first-century learners and workers. Using hands-on learning activities and real-world applications, the text teaches readers how to determine the nature and extent of information needed to solve a problem, how to access the information effectively, how to evaluate the information found, how to use the information for a specific purpose, and how to effectively and legally communicate the information.
- New! The Second Edition of 100% INFORMATION LITERACY SUCCESS has been thoroughly updated in its coverage of core skills for twenty-first-century learners, including more on Digital Libraries, plagiarism, and the state of Information Literacy in the twenty-first century.
- New! "Self-Assessment" Questions (previously Reflection Questions) cue students toward processing the information presented in the textbook.
- New! "Case in Point Scenarios" (previously "Chapter Scenarios") are now paired with "Case In Point Revisited" sections that have been added to the end of each chapter.
- New! New end-of-chapter features include Chapter Summary, Points to Keep in Mind (bulleted highlights from the text), and Check Your Understanding (link for student assessment).
- Learning Objectives, like those provided on course syllabi, provide students with an outline of what they should be learning from the chapter.
- Case In Point Scenarios, found at the beginning of each chapter, are case studies that demonstrate the application of chapter concepts to the real world.
- Critical Thinking Questions challenge students to examine ideas and thoughtfully apply concepts presented in the text.
- At the end of each chapter, Apply It! activities (formerly named Learning Activities) help students apply the concepts discussed throughout the chapter in practical situations.
2. Determining the Information You Need.
3. How do You Find and Access Information?
4. Evaluating Information.
5. Organizing Information.
6. Legal, Ethical, and Communication Issues Related to Information.
"100% Information Literacy Success . . . is written simply without the sense of being dumb-downed. It covers all aspects of information literacy in a nice building block scenario. It gives real life scenarios that the students can relate to and the exercises and activities are designed well." -- Ailya Rose, Santa Barbara Business College
"100% Information Literacy Success goes beyond information literacy and information competency to information expertise. I recommend to my students that they keep the book, because as their academic and work skills develop, they will find it even more relevant." -- Patricia Hollander, ASA Institute