Request for consultation
Have a specific question or not sure where to start? Fill out the form below and we'll put you in touch with our best rockstar consultant to answer your questions
100% STUDENT SUCCESS, a text in the 100% Success Series, promotes student achievement by addressing the practical student tasks such as note-taking and reading strategies, while encouraging students to develop skills like self-reflection, lifelong learning, financial management, and balancing life responsibilities with school--all skills that will serve them well beyond college. The second edition of 100% STUDENT SUCCESS will provide students with a strong foundation for self-reflection and application of concepts in the book, supported by moving the focus on motivation to Chapter 2, "Human Behavior." The chapter presents theories of motivation and need satisfaction. The second edition expands on these theories by applying them more specifically to learning and success in college. Subsequent chapters apply these theories to specific student success topics.
- New! To provide students with a stronger foundation for self-reflection and application of the concepts in the book, the chapter on motivation and needs has been moved to the beginning of the text (Chapter 2, "Human Behavior"). The chapter presents theories of motivation and need satisfaction. The second edition expands on these theories by applying them more specifically to learning and success in college. Subsequent chapters apply these theories to specific student success topics.
- New! "Self-Assessment" Questions (previously Reflection Questions) cue students toward processing the information presented in the textbook.
- New! "Case in Point Scenarios" (previously "Chapter Scenarios") are now paired with "Case In Point Revisited" sections that have been added to the end of each chapter.
- New! New end-of-chapter features include Chapter Summary, Points to Keep in Mind (bulleted highlights from the text), and Check Your Understanding (link for student assessment).
- "Learning Objectives," like those provided on course syllabi, provide students with an outline of what they should be learning from the chapter.
- "Case In Point Scenarios," found at the beginning of each chapter, are case studies that demonstrate the application of chapter concepts to the real world.
- "Critical Thinking Questions" challenge students to examine ideas and thoughtfully apply concepts presented in the text.
- At the end of each chapter, "Apply It!" activities (formerly named Learning Activities) help students apply the concepts discussed throughout the chapter in practical situations.
Strategies for College Success: An Overview. The Importance of Education. Taking Responsibility for Your Education. Getting the Most out of Every Class.
2. Human Behavior.
The Importance of Understanding Human Behavior: An Overview. Influences on Human Behavior. Personality Development and Human Behavior. Personality Development, Behavior, and School. Self-Image and Self-Esteem: An Overview. Effects of Success and Failure on Achievement. Motivation and Achievement.
3. Common Concerns of the Adult College Student.
"Adult" and "Traditional Age" Students. The Great Balancing Act. Barriers and Deterrents Facing Adult Students. Methods for Overcoming Deterrents. Professionalism and Preparing for the Workplace.
4. Learning Strategies.
Functions of the Brain and Body in Learning. Active Learning. Learning Styles and Type Preferences. Active Learning. Successful Skills for Learning. Technology in the Classroom.
5. Critical Thinking and Problem Solving.
Critical and Creative Thinking. Problem Solving. Decision Making. Using Professional Resources.
6. Legal and Ethical Issues in the Academic Environment.
Legal and Ethical Issues: Overview. Legal Issues: Harassment and Discrimination. Ethical Issues: Academic Honesty. Conflict Resolution.
7. Nutrition and Fitness Strategies for the Successful Student.
Nutrition and Fitness: An Overview. Nutrition: A Key Factor in Health and Energy Level. Sleep: An Essential Activity for the Successful Student. Exercise: Strategies for Avoiding Fatigue and Optimizing Energy.
8. Financial Considerations for School Success.
Finances and College. Financial Resources for College. Major Purchases and Buying Insurance. Planning Finances beyond College.
9. Information Literacy for the Twenty-First Century.
Information Literacy in the Twenty-First Century: An Overview. Library Resources: The Basics. The Internet: Broadening the Resource Pool. Conducting Research: Strategies and Issues.
10. Communication Skills for Student Success.
Importance of Communication: An Overview. Effective Verbal Communication. Effective Written Communication. Tools to Assist with Writing. Technology and Written Communication.
"Excellent content and design! Effectively deals with issues and concerns of new college students and provides useful information and effective strategies for college student success." -- Manuel A. Mares, Florida National College
"I like the attention to information literacy, research, and the chapter on Common Concerns of the Adult College Student." -- Katrina Neckuty-Fodness, Globe University