Online and Distance Learning: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications provides a comprehensive collection of case studies, empirical research, conceptual demonstrations, and best practices on Web-enabled learning technologies. This comprehensive, six-volume collection addresses all prominent aspects of online and distance learning, including information communication technologies applied to education, virtual classrooms, pedagogical systems, Web-based learning communities and library information systems, virtual universities, and numerous other topics. Collecting defining research in over 300 chapters from 544 contributors representing more than 40 countries, Online and Distance Learning: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools and Applications enables libraries to provide a foundational reference to meet the information needs of researchers, educators, practitioners, administrators, and all other stakeholders in the online and distance learning context.
- 305 authoritative contributions by 544 of the world’s leading experts in online and distance learning from over 40 countries
- A single source for comprehensive information on an expansive field
- In-depth descriptions of key issues, terms, and concepts
- Over 7,500 references to existing literature and research on distance learning
- Organized by topic and indexed, making it a convenient method of reference for all IT/IS scholars and professionals
- A compendium of thousands of key terms with detailed definitions
- Cross-referencing of key terms, figures, and information pertinent to online information technologies