We invite you to use this site for your district evaluation of Big Ideas Math: Modeling Real Life Florida Edition. Let's start here with a basic overview of the program to familiarize you with how a thoughtful implementation of Big Ideas Math can inspire, engage, empower, and grow your students in mathematics.
Modeling Real Life's Research-Based Approach
The pedagogical approach used in Big Ideas Math: Modeling Real Life Florida Edition is the best practices outlined in the most prominent and widely accepted educational research including John Hattie's Visible Learning, NCTM's Principles to Actions, Jo Boaler's MathematicalMindsets, Wiggins and McTighe's Understanding by Design, and others.
Differentiation and RTI
The new elementary series offers options and resources to curate a unique instructional experience. There are a variety of opportunities for reteaching, remediation, practice, enrichment, and extension in the Teaching Edition, online, and in printed resources. Through print and digital resources, the Big Ideas Math: Modeling Real Life Florida Edition program completely supports the 3-Tier Response to Intervention model.
Big Ideas Math: Modeling Real Life Florida Edition offers a wealth of opportunities for formative and summative assessment.
Big Ideas Math® Florida Edition comes with an innovative and dependable technology package that supports and enhances instruction for teachers and students. The Dynamic Technology suite is available exclusively with the Big Ideas Math program providing a personalized learning experience for all Florida students. The robust offering includes teacher resources that promote positive learning outcomes and mastery of the Mathematics Florida Standards.
Hands-on Learning and Cross-Curricular Connections
- Created by Didax®, our K-2 and 3-5 Manipulative Kits contain everything teachers need to engage students in hands-on experiences for exploration and bridging the concrete to the abstract.
- The program builds mathematical comprehension using literacy strategies by encouraging precise communication in all forms, promoting the use of descriptive words and vocabulary, containing problems that develop reading, writing, and critical thinking, and incorporating cross-curricular connections across a broad range of topics and interest areas.
- Accompanying K-2 and 3-5 Literature Kits enhance the experience and support Cross Curricular Connections.
- Math Musicals are a fun way of bringing music and literature into your math classroom. Big Ideas Math's own Newton, the dog, and Descartes, the cat, team up to provide educational stories, songs, and animations to enhance student learning.
- STEAM Videos, beginning in grade 3, bring math to life in fun and interesting ways.
Grades K-5 Program Components
Big Ideas Math: Modeling Real Life Florida Edition offers a comprehensive print and digital program.
Program and Technology Support
National Geographic Learning and Big Ideas Learning are committed to the quality of support for your district. We want to ensure better student outcomes through fidelity of implementation.