Correlation to the Ohio Learning Standards for Mathematics
Technology Demonstration Videos
Big Ideas Math® comes with an innovative and dependable technology package that supports and enhances instruction for teachers and students. Check out these short video demonstrations below to see the technology in action!
- Dynamic Classroom Presentation Tool
- Differentiation and Intervention Resources
- Dynamic Assessment System with Auto-grading and Immediate Feedback
- Build Online Practice and Assessments by Standard
- Reports and Analysis by Performance, Standard, Question, and Skill
- Answer Presentation Tool
We invite you to use this site for your district evaluation of Big Ideas Math: Modeling Real Life. Let's start here with a basic overview of the program to familiarize you with how a thoughtful implementation of Big Ideas Math can inspire, engage, empower, and grow your students in mathematics.
Modeling Real Life's Research-Based Approach
The pedagogical approach used in Big Ideas Math: Modeling Real Life is the best practices outlined in the most prominent and widely accepted educational research including John Hattie's Visible Learning, NCTM's Principles to Actions, Jo Boaler's MathematicalMindsets, Wiggins and McTighe's Understanding by Design, and others.
Differentiation and RTI
The series offers options and resources to curate a unique instructional experience. There are a variety of opportunities for reteaching, remediation, practice, enrichment, and extension in the Teaching Edition, online, and in printed resources.Through print and digital resources, the Big Ideas Math program completely supports the 3-Tier Response to Intervention model.
Big Ideas Math offers a wealth of opportunities for formative and summative assessment.
Hands-on Learning and Cross-Curricular Connections
- Created by Didax®, our K-2 and 3-5 Manipulative Kits contain everything teachers need to engage students in hands-on experiences for exploration and bridging the concrete to the abstract.
- The program builds mathematical comprehension using literacy strategies by encouraging precise communication in all forms, promoting the use of descriptive words and vocabulary, containing problems that develop reading, writing, and critical thinking, and incorporating cross-curricular connections across a broad range of topics and interest areas.
- Accompanying K-2 and 3-5 Literature Kits enhance the experience and support Cross Curricular Connections.
- Math Musicals are a fun way of bringing music and literature into your math classroom. Big Ideas Math's own Newton, the dog, and Descartes, the cat, team up to provide educational stories, songs, and animations to enhance student learning.
- STEAM Videos, beginning in grade 3, bring math to life in fun and interesting ways.
Program and Technology Support
National Geographic Learning and Big Ideas Learning are committed to the quality of support for your district. We want to ensure better student outcomes through fidelity of implementation.
Program Components List
Big Ideas Math offers a comprehensive print and digital program.
Financial Algebra: Advanced Algebra with Financial Applications Tax Code Update : 2019 Tax Update Edition by Gerver/Sgroi
Financial Algebra: Advanced Algebra with Financial Applications is a substantive modeling course for all students that teaches and uses advanced algebra in the content areas of discretionary spending, banking, credit, auto and home ownership, employment, taxes, investments, entrepreneurship, retirement, & budgeting. The program draws upon selected topics from Advanced Algebra, Geometry, Precalculus, Statistics and Probability. Students need only an Algebra 1 prerequisite. The newest edition includes the most recent IRS tax code updates and how they affect our daily lives. Over the decades, the program has proven to be a motivating, engaging, and rewarding experience for all students. To view a demo follow the directions below: Hello, We have generated trial accounts for your school district and provided the usernames in the table below.
The accounts can be accessed from the Trial NGLSync Portal with the password 'welcome1'.
Use the username below: