Request for consultation
The only environmental casebook of its kind, WATERSHEDS 4 presents current and classic cases with the detail required for students to experience a range of serious and complex issues. The authors present cases of immediate interest in a balanced, detailed, and impartial manner.
- Designed to provoke critical thinking and classroom discussion--with questions to keep in mind and questions for reflection that bookend in each case-the book covers landmark cases of contemporary importance and provides an ample amount of scientific and policy background for each case.
- In addition to a general updating of the book�s accounting of various data and recent events, this edition features new cases on chlorine, biodiversity, alternatives in energy production, and back by popular demand, the case on the wreck of the Exxon Valdez.
- Cases from previous editions superseded in WATERSHEDS 4 will be included on the Book Companion Website.
2. Genetically Modified Organisms: The Complex Difficulties of Frankenfood.
3. Skunked: Crisis in the New England Fisheries.
4. The Ingenuity of the Bugs: Combating Resistance to Antibiotics.
5. Oil on the Rocks: The Wreck of the Exxon Valdez.
6. The Extended Family: The Saga of the Great Apes.
7. Chlorine Sunrise: The Beneficent Possibilities of a Known Poison (with William F. Carroll of the Chlorine Chemistry Council).
8. Are We the Problem?: Population Growth.
9. Fueling the World: Alternatives in Energy Production.
10. Biodiversity: the Rich Variety of Life.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.