Request for consultation
VIOLENCE AND CULTURE: A CROSS-CULTURAL AND INTERDISCIPLINARY APPROACH brings together in a single readable volume the widest possible range of material on violence as a modern and international cultural problem. It uniquely combines comprehensive theoretical discussion with rich empirical description and analysis in a global approach. Violence, if not more prevalent, is definitely attracting more attention than ever before in academic arenas as well as the public arena. It has become a central feature of the 21st century and students and the American public are hungry to know and understand the roots of violence.
2. Theoretical Approaches to Violence: Biological, Psychological, and Social.
3. Violence in Cross-cultural Context: Introduction and Nonviolent Societies.
4. Violence in Cross-cultural Context: Traditional and Complex Violent Societies.
5. Gender and Intimate Violence.
6. Religious Violence: Introduction.
7. Religious Violence: Case Studies.
8. Political Violence: Introduction.
9. Political Violence: Case Studies.
10. Violence in American Society: Introduction.
11. Violence in American Society: Case Studies.
Glossary of Selected Anthropological Terms.