Request for consultation
Packed with real-world applications, UNDERSTANDING HOSPITAL CODING AND BILLING: A WORKTEXT, 3e offers a comprehensive guide to both hospital billing and coding that helps students learn to create results with greater specificity, and accuracy. Enabling instructors to easily adapt to the postponement of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, the new edition provides instruction on the current ICD-9-CM concepts as well as prepares students for ICD-10. With its application approach to learning, the worktext provides practice exercises, case studies and opportunities for students to practice coding by abstracting codes from realistic patient records. Features more than 30 case studies with patient record activities for practicing completing the UB-04 billing form.
- Offering ultimate flexibility, UNDERSTANDING HOSPITAL CODING AND BILLING: A WORKTEXT, 3E enables programs to educate coding students on the current ICD-9 concepts as well as prepare them for the ICD-10 guidelines and concepts. The text also allows students to continue practicing ICD-10 coding following completion of their program until ICD-10 is implemented.
- Completely current and up to date, the Third Edition includes ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS guidelines as well as side-by-side exercises with ICD-9 and ICD-10 answer keys and rationale--helping students maximize their success.
- Reflecting real-world practice, medical charts utilized throughout the text reinforce coding and billing guidelines as well as inpatient and outpatient case scenarios. Features more than 30 case studies with patient record activities for practicing completing the UB-04 billing form with both inpatient and outpatiend records.
- Revenue Code and other resource information is now included in an appendix for easier reference.
- Comprehensive coverage includes professional organizations and certifications.
- A free 59-day trial of Ingenix's EncoderPro Expert with ICD-10 codes and GEMs is included.
- The Instructor Companion Website includes PowerPoint™ presentations, test bank and an instructor manual featuring answers to textbook exercises with coding rationales, as well as sample lesson plans, syllabi and competency mapping to HIT and coding outcomes.
- The text's organization gives instructors the flexibility to teach hospital coding/billing to students with various backgrounds--coding, billing, inpatient hospital coding, outpatient hospital coding, inpatient hospital billing, outpatient hospital billing or any combination thereof. Section I's coverage of basic coding and billing concepts can serve as a review for students with prior coursework or an introduction for students with no prior coding/billing knowledge. Section II covers inpatient and Section III covers outpatient coding and billing.
- The text is packed with real-life scenarios similar to what students will experience in the hospital environment.
- Features more than 30 case studies with patient record activities for practicing completing the UB-04 billing form with both inpatient and outpatient records.
- Practice exercises throughout allow students to immediately test their understanding of chapter concepts.
- The text's unique outline format provides room for students to write notes and answers.
1. The Flow of the Hospital Organization.
2. Hospital Coding Overview.
3. Hospital Billing Overview.
4. UB-04 Overview.
SECTION II: INPATIENT CODING AND BILLING.
5. Inpatient Coding.
6. Inpatient Billing.
7. Outpatient Coding.
8. Outpatient Billing.
Appendix I: Revenue Codes.
Appendix II: UB-04 Claim Form Completion.
Appendix III: Inpatient Case Scenarios.
Appendix IV: Outpatient Case Scenarios.