Request for consultation
Use Delmar's comprehensive driver training products together. The Tractor-Trailer Truck Driver Training 4th Edition Manual and Tractor-Trailer Driver Computer Based Training (CBT) bundle is the ideal driver training program at an affordable price. The manual features four-color photographs and illustrations as well as technical content that stresses the importance of developing the skills, traits, and behaviors that characterize true professionals. New to the fourth edition, the manual now incorporates both customer and industry feedback to bring enhancements that truly capture the learning needs to the industry. The book's approach has also been broadened to include all of North America, in an effort to provide accurate, effective content that is relevant to all drivers, whether they drive within or beyond the border of the United States. Additional updates include a detailed chapter devoted to CSA 2010, references to the latest tractor-trailer and driving technologies, as well as "day in the life" stories written by truck drivers and industry leaders that illustrate how truck driving experiences can shape both lives and careers. The CBT features animations and interactivity that promote a high level of retention. Use these products together for an optimized learning experience that addresses different learning styles. Upon purchase, customers will receive the book as well as a CD-ROM that can be loaded onto one PC. Using these products together ensures that the most qualified drivers are on the road. Delmar is the only official education partner of the Professional Truck Driver Institute (PTDI).
- Combination of print and computer-based products addresses different learning styles.
- Includes up-to-date compliance and regulation standards.
- Facilitates distance learning.
- Prepares drives for increasing technology on the job.
- CBT can serve as remedial or advanced learning for concepts in the book.
1. An Introduction to Trucking.
2. The Commercial Driver's License.
3. Control Systems.
4. Vehicle Systems.
5. Transportation Technology.
6. Vehicle Inspections.
7. Basic Control.
9. Backing and Docking.
10. Coupling and Uncoupling.
11. Sliding Fifth Wheels and Tandem Axles.
12. Preventive Maintenance and Servicing.
13. Recognizing and Reporting Malfunctions.
15. Visual Search.
16. Space Management.
17. Speed Management.
18. Night Driving.
19. Extreme Driving Conditions.
20. Skid Control.
21. Hazard Awareness.
22. Railroad Crossings.
23. Emergency Maneuvers.
24. Accident Procedures.
25. Handling Cargo.
26. Cargo Documentation.
27. Special Rigs.
28. Hours of Service.
29. Trip Planning.
30. Transportation Security.
31. Driving International Routes.
32. Hazardous Materials.
33. Public Relations and Job Search.
34. Driver Health, Safety and Security.
35. Whistleblower Protections for Professional Drivers.
36. CSA 2010.
Appendix A: Troubleshooting Guide.
Appendix B: Website/Reference list.
Appendix C: Trucking Association Listing.
Appendix D: Glossary.
Appendix E: Index.