Request for consultation
This anthology provides students with a useful collection of theoretical essays concerning the nature of religion and the methodological means by which scholars analytically approach the subject. Organized in a point/counterpoint fashion, this volume will foster in-class discussion and the honing of a student's own critical perspectives.
1. Religious Studies as an Academic Discipline.
2. Questions for the Origin of Religion.
3. Phenomenology and the Science of Religion.
4. History of Religions.
5. Sociology of Religion.
7. Psychology of Religion.
8. Ecological/Biological Approaches to the Study of Religion.
9. Feminist Perspectives on Religion.
10. Poststructural/Postmodern Approaches to Religion.