Request for consultation
Combining the physical, technical, and artistic aspects of singing, the author applies current findings in medicine, acoustics, phonetics, and speech therapy to the singer's needs. The text demonstrates the scientific basis of exercises and vocalises, covering all major areas of vocal technique.
2. The Supported Singing Voice: Breath Management in Singing.
3. Agility in Singing: Flexible Application of Breath Power.
4. The Resonant Voice: Supraglottic Considerations in Singing.
5. The Well-balanced Vowel: Vowel Differentiation in Singing.
6. Resonance Balancing through Nasal Consonants: The Influences of Nasal Continuants on Resonator Adjustment.
7. Resonance Balancing through Non-nasal Consonants: The Influence of Non-nasal Consonants on Resonator Adjustment.
8. Sustaining the Voice: Sostenuto.
9. Unifying the Registers of Male Voices.
10. Unifying the Registers of the Female Voice.
11. Vowel Modification in Singing: aggiustamento.
12. Range Extension and Stabilization in Singing.
13. Messa di voce and Dynamic Control.
14. Vibrancy in Singing: Vibrato and Vocal Timbre.
15. Coordinating Technique and Communication.
16. Pedagogical Attitudes: The Aesthetics of Vocal Timbre.
17. Healthy Singing.
Glossary of Nonmusical Terms.
Glossary of Vocal Terms.