Request for consultation
The most practical leadership textbook on the market, LEADERSHIP 6e uses a unique three-pronged approach to teach leadership concepts and theory. The authors combine traditional theory with cutting-edge leadership topics in a concise presentation packed with real-world examples. The text puts students in the leadership role, engaging them in applying the concepts and providing step-by-step behavior models for effectively handling leadership functions.
- Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero, allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. You can create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom, or wherever you want!
- All opening and closing cases have been replaced and/or heavily revised.
- Chapter Learning Outcomes have been updated to more closely align with heading structure and key chapter concepts. This closer alignment translates to clearer testing feedback.
- More than 80% of references have been updated.
- AACSB Assurance of Learning Standards: Chapter 1 includes the new list published in 2014. Each Developing Your Leadership Skills Exercise identifies the AACSB skills and competencies to be practiced through completion of the exercise.
- Step-by-Step Models: Several sets of how-to steps for handling day-to-day leadership functions are integrated into the context of the chapter or skill-building exercises, giving students a proven model to follow as leaders, including writing objectives, giving praise, coaching, resolving conflict, and delegating.
- Work Applications: These questions bring the leadership concept into the student's world by asking them to apply concepts to their own work experiences, either full-time, part-time, or summer jobs.
- Leadership Skill Development: Unlike competitors' exercises that are simply discussion-oriented, the exercises in LEADERSHIP 6e develop leadership skills students can employ immediately in their personal and professional lives.
1. Who Is a Leader and What Skills Do Leaders Need?
2. Leadership Traits and Ethics.
3. Leadership Behavior and Motivation.
4. Contingency Leadership Theories.
5. Influencing: Power, Politics, Networking, and Negotiation.
Part II: TEAM LEADERSHIP.
6. Communication, Coaching, and Conflict Skills.
7. Leader-Member Exchange and Followership.
8. Team Leadership and Self-Managed Teams.
Part III: ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP.
9. Charismatic and Transformational Leadership.
10. Leadership of Culture, Ethics, and Diversity.
11. Strategic Leadership and Change Management.
12. Crisis Leadership and the Learning Organization.
Appendix: Leadership and Spirituality in the Workplace.
"[You have] lots of self-assessment activities. The figures and diagrams help to summarize the material. The key terms at both the beginning and end of the chapter help. [You offer] a great total package of materials."
"This text gives learners a clear roadmap through the concepts, with many opportunities to apply the concepts and focus on the associated skills; in addition, the self-assessments allow students to see where they currently stand and form a plan to develop greater skill strengths."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.