Request for consultation
With many software guides serving as high-tech "recipe books," teaching cookie-cutter habits with little relevance to complex, real-world projects, EXPLORING ADOBE INDESIGN Creative Cloud takes a different approach. Emphasizing on fundamental design principles, critical thinking skills, and practical applications to prepare students for professional success, this unique text features step-by-step tutorials, vibrant illustrations, and realistic exercises to engage students' interest while helping them develop essential software skills. Each chapter builds on what students have learned, guiding them from exploring basic operations to creating complex documents with confidence and efficiency. In addition to mastering InDesign--including standard functionality and features new to Creative Cloud--the text prepares students to analyze new design projects, identify potential challenges, develop effective strategies, and apply industry-standard principles and practices to execute their plans successfully.
- Meet your students where they work--in the cloud. Publishing in Fall 2014, Exploring Adobe InDesign Creative Cloud, has been fully revised to meet Adobe's most recent Creative Cloud updates.
- Coverage of the newest InDesign functions and tools bring relevancy to your course while helping students maximize their potential with the software and familiarize themselves with Creative Cloud.
- Newly released Creative Cloud features have been thoroughly integrated into the book, as well as the accompanying CourseMate website, which reinforces new skills and concepts learned in the book.
- Provides detailed and accurate coverage of new features and capabilities specific to Adobe InDesign, and also emphasizes typography and fundamental design principles essential for professional success.
- Instructional content and practical exercises are project-based to help students hone their knowledge and skills while using Adobe InDesign Creative Cloud to create accurate, editable, printable documents.
- Each chapter builds on previous topics and reiterates core techniques to accelerate skill development and retention, while numerous supplemental projects allow students to apply what they have learned with minimal direction.
- Online Artwork and Resource files contain directions and all the necessary components for completing additional projects that correspond to each chapter's learning goals.
- With over two decades of experiences as an accomplished page layout professional and educator, the authordesigned the text with a strong emphasis on appealing visuals to support student learning and encourage mastery of the material.
2. Type, Tools, and Terms.
3. The Fine Art of Setting Type.
4. Combining Type and Images.
5. Tabs and Tables.
6. Grids, Guides, and Aligning Objects.
7. Text Wrap, Layers, and Effects.
8. Type Continuity: Applying Styles.
9. Master Pages and Object Styles.
10. Identity Systems.
11. Designing with Type.
12. Color Essentials.
13. Production Essentials.
14. Basic Graphic Elements.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
The Instructor Resources include PowerPoint® presentations for each textbook chapter, a Cognero test bank, an Instructor's Manual, a sample syllabus, and Solution Files for the exercises in the text.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want.
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's Computing CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook—including a state-of-the-art MindTap Reader eBook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website.
CourseMate Instant Access
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. Read your textbook, take notes, review flashcards, watch videos, and take practice quizzes—online with CourseMate.