Request for consultation
SUSE LINUX ENTERPRISE SERVER ADMINISTRATION, SECOND EDITION is geared towards readers who are interested in administering, using, or developing programs for the Linux operating system. Readers are introduced to Novell's SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 operating system and learn to administer Linux in a network administration environment. Hands-on labs and numerous practical examples will guide learners in the management of users, groups, software, hardware, file systems, and the X Windows System using various commands as well as the graphical YaST utility. Review Questions and Discovery Exercises at the end of each chapter help users prepare for three Linux certificatin exams: Novell Certified Linux Administrator, Linux Professional Institute LPIC-1, and CompTIA Linux+ (Powered by LPI).
- The CLA, Linux+, and LPIC-1 certifications have been consolidated and this new edition covers all three exams in one volume.
- Updated content coverage on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 software.
- Suitable for systems administrators who have limited or no experience working with Linux systems.
- Comprehensive hands-on labs in each of the chapters help users make the connection between theory and practice.
- Focused SUSE Linux coverage includes abundant examples and tables for enhanced learning.
- Inclusive discussions of configuration commands and files help readers prepare to pass the Novell Certified Linux Administrator, Linux Professional Institute LPIC-1, and CompTIA Linux+ (Powered by LPI) exams on the first attempt.
- Discovery Exercises incorporate real-world experiences to make the coverage realistic and meaningful beyond just a list of technical features.
2. Install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.
3. Administer SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 with YaST.
4. Administer SLES 11 with the Command Line Interface.
5. Manage Processes, Jobs, and Runlevels.
6. Configure the Network.
7. Configure Applications and Services.
8. Understand Security-Related Tools.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource CD-ROM
The Instructor Resources CD includes the following materials:Electronic Instructor's Manual--The Instructor's Manual that accompanies this book includes additional material to assist in class preparation, including suggestions for classroom activities, discussion topics, and additional activities. Solutions--The instructor resources include solutions to all end-of-chapter material, including review questions and case projects. PowerPoint presentations--This book comes with Microsoft PowerPoint slides for each chapter. They're included as a teaching aid for classroom presentation, to make available to students on the network for chapter review, or to be printed for classroom distribution. Instructors, please feel free to add your own slides for additional topics you introduce to the class. ExamView®--ExamView®, the ultimate tool for objective-based testing needs, is a powerful test generator that enables instructors to create paper, LAN, or Web-based tests from test banks designed specifically for their Cengage Course Technology text. Instructors can utilize the ultra-efficient QuickTest Wizard to create tests in less than five minutes by taking advantage of Cengage Course Technology's questions banks, or customize their own exams from scratch. Figure files--All figures and tables in the book are reproduced on the Instructor Resources CD in bitmap format. Similar to the PowerPoint presentations, they're included as a teaching aid for classroom presentation, to make available to students for review, or to be printed for classroom distribution.