Request for consultation
Introduce your students to strategic management with the market-leading text that sets the standard for the course area. Written by respected scholars who have taught strategic management at all educational levels, Hitt, Ireland, and Hoskisson's latest edition provides an intellectually rich, yet practical, analysis of strategic management. The classic industrial organization model is combined with a resource-based view of the firm to provide students with a complete understanding of how today's businesses establish competitive advantages and create value for stakeholders. Cutting-edge research is presented with a strong global focus, featuring more than 500 emerging and established companies. New opening cases introduce chapter concepts, and mini cases offer new contexts of study. The groundbreaking MindTap® learning solution has been redesigned to meet the needs of this course area and will prepare your students to excel as strategic leaders.
- Up-to-date research and current findings, as well as 20 new cases, focus on a variety of topics, organizational settings, and industries to ensure course material is directly relevant to students. Companies and organizations highlighted include Keurig, W. L. Gore, BP, Martha Stewart, Tim Hortons, American Express, Luck Companies, Polaris Industries and Victory Motorcycles, and many more.
- Chapter-opening cases set the stage for engaging students with each chapter's topics.
- Fresh new "Strategic Focus" segments emphasize the relevance of key concepts as students examine interesting, international strategy leaders from today's business world and the actual decisions they've implemented. Students explore how these decisions have influenced strategy within a variety of organizations.
- Thirteen mini cases, one for each chapter, have rich content that can serve as a catalyst for thoughtful class discussion or individual or group analysis. Each mini case is followed by a set of questions to guide analysis and discussion.
- After an in-depth study of the strategic management course area and speaking to students and instructors across the country, we have redesigned the MindTap® digital learning solution. Our immersive learning environment delivers activities within the gradual release of responsibility instructional model to elevate thinking and help students master the case analysis process.
- The Mindtap® Digital Learning Suite elevates student thinking with engaging activities that teach them to think like managers. Streamline your course planning with a fully customizable learning path designed for the strategic management course area. MindTap® offers multimedia quizzing, directed cases, branching exercises, and a collaborative work environment in which students can complete case analysis projects. Track student progress in real time with measurable learning objectives and analytics.
- Cengage Learning's Write Experience is the first in higher education to offer students the opportunity to improve their writing and analytical skills without adding to your workload. Write Experience evaluates students' answers to a select set of assignments for writing for voice, style, format, and originality. For more information about this unique course solution, contact your local sales representative or visit www.cengage.com/writeexperience.
- Give your students a better understanding of today's important current trends, contemporary events, and their impact on strategic management. Expanded coverage addresses sustainable physical environment, mentoring new CEOs, strategic leadership in family owned/controlled companies, acquisitions and innovation, open innovations, managing the innovation portfolio, and more, prompting dynamic class discussion and a practical focus that engages students.
1. Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness.
2. The External Environment: Opportunities, Threats, Industry Competition, and Competitor Analysis.
3. The Internal Organization: Resources, Capabilities, Core Competencies, and Competitive Advantages.
Part II: STRATEGIC ACTIONS: STRATEGY FORMULATION.
4. Business-Level Strategy.
5. Competitive Rivalry and Competitive Dynamics.
6. Corporate-Level Strategy.
7. Merger and Acquisition Strategies.
8. International Strategy.
9. Cooperative Strategy.
Part III: STRATEGIC ACTIONS: STRATEGY IMPLEMENTATION.
10. Corporate Governance.
11. Organizational Structure and Controls.
12. Strategic Leadership.
13. Strategic Entrepreneurship.
Part IV: CASES.