Request for consultation
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: A STRATEGIC APPROACH, 2E builds on the strength of the first edition, adding to the book’s real-world focus with practical examples and case histories woven throughout the text. You’ll find more explicit focus on the marketing use of popular social media platforms, including both those that are well established and those that are emerging. Conceptual frameworks and the explication of a social media marketing plan are illustrated using a strong example. This edition’s conceptual frameworks are strengthened with additional teaching concepts, and best practices are emphasized. The authors provide a variety of social media initiatives to help you keep up with the latest developments and enable you to weave current social media marketing campaigns and developments into your course. Prepare your students for today’s ever-changing world of social media marketing with this winning book and package that are easy for you to modify for your needs.
- IMPROVED CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORKS STRENGTHEN THIS EDITION’S APPROACH. This edition offers enhanced conceptual frameworks that present a proven eight-step strategy for developing a winning social media marketing plan. In addition, new frameworks further structure the book’s successful teaching and learning approaches.
- NEW SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN EXAMPLES EMPHASIZE THE PRACTICALITY OF WHAT STUDENTS ARE LEARNING. Numerous timely and relevant examples are woven into each chapter to illustrate the book’s concepts in action.
- NEW CHAPTER ADDRESSES A MULTITUDE OF TODAY’S SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING TOOLS. You and your students examine a wealth of contemporary social media marketing tools that are potentially useful in your course itself. Students clearly see, first-hand, the many ways in which the complexity of social media marketing can be managed.
- NEW INSTRUCTORS’ MANUAL PROVIDES SUPPORT FOR ENGAGING STUDENT ACTIVITIES. This helpful resource provides details for meaningful course projects and activities, including developing social media marketing plans and other relevant projects. It also offer helpful suggestions to integrate the development of a personal brand into course activities and projects.
- UNPRECEDENTED ONLINE SUPPORT KEEPS YOUR COURSE UP TO DATE. Numerous, timely online tools as well as useful resources reflect the latest developments in the field to help you prepare your course and keep your course content relevant and engaging.
- FINAL CHAPTER AND APPENDIX DRAW ON ALL KEY INFORMATION PRESENTED THROUGHOUT THE BOOK. This capstone chapter provides detailed explanations and illustrations of how to apply the eight-step social media planning model as students construct an extensive, real-world social media marketing plan.
- MAJOR STRUCTURAL FRAMEWORK OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE EIGHT-STEP STRATEGY FOR DEVELOPING A WINNING SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING PLAN. Student learns how to listen to the social web to identify marketing opportunities and potential target audiences. They then learn how to set marketing goals and strategies to take advantage of these factors, as well as select the optimal social media tools and implement tactics to execute, monitor, and tune social media marketing campaigns for success
- SOCIAL MEDIA PLANNING MODEL CREATES A POWERFUL CUMULATIVE LEARNING EXPERIENCE. Each step in the book’s distinctive social media planning model is presented in a way that provides a richly textured overview of the conceptual and practical knowledge necessary to effectively implement social media marketing initiatives.
- NUMEROUS EXAMPLES HIGHLIGHT SUCCESSFUL SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING INITIATIVES. This edition features the social media efforts of forward-thinking Fortune 500 companies, innovative small businesses, and adaptive non-profit organizations
- BEST PRACTICES PROVIDE GUDIANCE FOR MARKETING ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS. Each chapter concludes with a list of marketing tactics that have proven effective for the major types of social media platforms, such as blogs, social networks, video and photo sharing sites, microblogs (Twitter), podcasts, social news sites, online communities, and article directories.
2. Goals and Strategies.
3. Identifying Target Audiences.
4. Rules of Engagement for Social Media Marketing.
5. Social Media Platforms and Social Networking Sites.
6. Micro blogging.
7. Content Creation and Sharing Blogging, streaming video, podcasts, and webinars.
8. Video Marketing.
9. Marketing on Photo Sharing Sites.
10. Social bookmarking and news aggregation, collaboration.
11. Content Marketing: Publishing Articles, White Papers, and E-books.
12. Mobile Marketing on Social Networks.
13. Social Media Monitoring.
14. Tools for Managing the SMM Effort.
15. SMM Plan.
Appendix: Sample SMM Plan XYZ Coffee.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, a new Instructor’s Manual, videos, and more. The Instructor’s Manual contains detailed assignment samples that make the marketing plan into a robust semester-long project or shorter segments, based on time available and your preference, as instructor.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.