Request for consultation
Help your students realize their dreams of small business success with Longenecker/Petty/Palich/Hoy's SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT: LAUNCHING AND GROWING ENTREPRENEURIAL VENTURES, 18E. This popular text continues to lead with its comprehensive approach, precedent-setting coverage, innovative tools, engaging examples, and integrated resource package. SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT delves into the fundamentals of business management, with an emphasis on how to start a business as well as how to manage, grow, and harvest one - the full business cycle. All-new cases, proven exercises, and online activities place students in the role of decision-makers to sharpen their understanding of concepts. Unforgettable examples, exciting video cases, and coverage of the most current developments in business management today keep this engaging text as current and practical now as it was when it led the market in its first edition 50 years ago.
- New and revised StartUp features provide guidance on entrepreneurial skills, tools, actions, resources, and transformation.
- A new case on Iaccarino & Son, a family business that failed, includes lessons in family and nonfamily relationships, finance issues, and economic conditions.
- The latest information on crowdfunding as a way to raise capital. There is a new presentation on setting prices for a service business in addition to product pricing already in the text, including freemium pricing.
- All content related to learning objectives that open each chapter is recapped in end-of-chapter summaries. Numbered icons in the margins indicate where coverage related to each objective appears.
- Students gain instant access to popular StartUp Stories videos, useful business plan templates, as well as helpful interactive quizzes and e-lectures. Key questions lead students through the process of building their own business plans by ensuring that they focus on the pertinent, not the peripheral. LivePlan business plan software takes students to the next level by enabling them to complete their business plans online. You will have the ability to track student progress and identify at-risk students while it's still early enough to help.
- Thought-provoking cases at the end of the text highlight student-friendly companies and organizations. Students apply concepts they learn in each chapter to these realistic entrepreneurial situations.
2. Integrity, Ethics and, Social Entrepreneurship.
3. Starting a Small Business.
4. Franchising and Buyouts.
5. The Family Business.
6. The Business Plan: Visualizing the Dream.
7. The Marketing Plan.
8. The Organizational Plan: Teams, Legal Structures, Alliances, and Directors.
9. The Location Plan.
10. Understanding a Firm's Financial Statements.
11. Forecasting Financial Requirements.
12. A Firm's Sources of Financing.
13. Planning for the Harvest.
14. Building Customer Relationships.
15. Product and Supply Chain Management.
16. Pricing and Credit Decisions.
17. Promotional Planning.
18. Global Opportunities for Small Business.
19. Professional Management and the Small Business.
20. Managing Human Resources.
21. Managing Operations.
22. Managing the Firm's Assets.
23. Managing Risk in the Small Business.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Start-Up Stories videos let you and your students see big ideas at work in a variety of innovative small businesses. Some of the videos cover Two Men and a Truck, Kind Snacks, and Hubspot. Use these along with a myriad of new videos to bring the real world into your classroom and let your students learn, first-hand, from business experts. Videos are available in a convenient DVD format as well as online.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.