Request for consultation
Skin Care Practices and Clinical Protocols is a critical resource for skin care professionals interested in expanding their current knowledge and technical skills, whether a long-term practitioner learning new techniques and technologies, or students learning beyond the fundamentals. This text includes interviews with professionals spanning four decades of esthetic education and experiences in a variety of settings ranging from travel and tourism, salons and spas to the medical office. The global population's interest in appearance continues to drive the skin care market. As a result, the demand for highly trained skin care professionals serving in a variety of environments has increased. Skin Care Practices and Clinical Protocols serves as an invaluable working resource in the classroom, the treatment room and the meeting room.
- Step-by-step protocols and photos demonstrate in detail the use of cutting-edge technology, peel use and new peel cocktails, with tips for pre- and post-care.
- A section on self-care covers solutions on how to flourish in today's busy marketplace without losing sight of self.
- Case studies and examples of real-life patient situations help prepare you for entry into the professional environment.
- Profiles of practitioners in the field provide you with valuable insight and advice.
- Hundreds of photos guide you step by step in the most requested esthetic services.
2. Education: The Foundation of Esthetics.
3. Infection Prevention Guidelines for Estheticians: The CDC, OSHA, and HIPAA
4. Enzyme, Chemical, and Layering Peels.
5. Technology-Focused Facials and Treatments.
6. Medical Practices.
7. The Business of Esthetics
8. Products and Positioning Products in your Business.