Request for consultation
Introduce your students to the most important new features that the latest version of Microsoft® Word 2016 has to offer with the effective approach found in MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & WORD 2016: INTRODUCTORY. This new edition is part of the acclaimed Shelly Cashman Series® that has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students. MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & WORD 2016: INTRODUCTORY continues the Series’ strong history of innovation with an enhanced learning approach that addresses the varied learning styles of today’s students. A trademark step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach encourages students to expand their understanding of Microsoft® Word 2016 through experimentation, critical thought, and personalization. This edition delivers the most effective educational materials specifically designed to engage readers, improve retention, and prepare students for future success with Microsoft® Word 2016.
- MODULE 1 HIGHLIGHTS A NEW PROJECT AND NEW CONTENT AND TOOLS. Students work with a new flyer project as they become familiar with Microsoft® Word 2016’s different fonts, text effects, colors, picture, picture formats, and page borders.
- MODULE 2 GUIDES STUDENTS IN CREATING A NEW RESEARCH PAPER. New content and new sources introduce Microsoft® Word 2016 skills your students need to creative effective research papers, including the new Smart Lookup button and Insights task pane.
- MODULE 3 SHOWCASES A NEW BUSINESS LETTER. New content throughout this module emphasizes new and varied clip art, graphic formats, table formats, shape, shape styles, and colors in Microsoft® Word 2016.
- STEP-BY-STEP, SCREEN-BY-SCREEN APPROACH EFFECTIVELY INTRODUCES MICROSOFT ® WORD 2016 SKILLS. This proven visual approach presents students with explanatory and navigational information when they need to know it. The book addresses the needs of all learning styles to help students retain and apply skills in their personal and professional lives.
- PROVEN PEDAGOGY EMPHASIZES PROJECT PLANNING. This project planning approach frames the explanations within each module around a practical problem that students need to solve. This brief presentation encourages critical thinking as the learner determines how to proceed at various key points within the module.
- EXTENSIVE END-OF-MODULE ACTIVITIES REINFORCE KEY SKILLS AND APPLICATIONS. These proven, class-tested activities provide a variety of reinforcement opportunities for students to apply and expand their Microsoft® Word 2016 skills.
Office 2016 and Windows 10: Essential Concepts and Skills.
1. Creating, Formatting, and Editing a Word Document with a Picture.
2. Creating a Research Paper with References and Sources.
3. Creating a Business Letter with a Letterhead and Table.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course all in one place. All instructor resources for this book are available instantly through the password-protected Instructor Companion Website, including the Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank and PowerPoint® slides.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.