Request for consultation
Introduce your students to the most advanced new features within the latest version of Microsoft® Office with the focused approach found in Shelly Cashman Series® MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & OFFICE 2016: ADVANCED. This new edition is part of the acclaimed Shelly Cashman Series® that has effectively introduced computer skills to millions. Shelly Cashman Series® MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & OFFICE 2016: ADVANCED continues the Series’ strong history of innovation with an enhanced learning approach that addresses the varied learning styles of today’s students. A trademark step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach encourages students to expand their understanding of Microsoft® Office 2016’s higher-level features through experimentation, critical thought, and personalization. This new edition delivers some of today’s most effective educational materials specifically designed to engage readers, improve retention, and prepare students for success in using the most advanced features within Microsoft® Office 2016.
- NEW MICROSOFT® WORD MODULES INTRODUCE THE STRENGTHS OF THE LATEST VERSION. This edition provides new, advanced hands-on module projects and effective introductions that ensure students know how to use the more sophisticated features new to Microsoft® Word 2016, including SmartArt and the new Share button and pane.
- NEW MICROSOFT® POWERPOINT® MODULES HIGHLIGHT THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURES IN THE 2016 VERSION. Your students work with new projects and exercises that emphasize the higher-level topics and PowerPoint® skills that are most relevant in their lives. This edition emphasizes information about the new transition types, coauthoring and Smart Art. The module also expands the book’s explanation of using, inserting and formatting shapes.
- NEW MICROSOFT® EXCEL® MODULES EMPHASIZE PRATICAL USES FOR NEW FEATURES. An updated project teaches students how to create a personal budget. Updates also provide additional details on extended bar and pie chart formatting and introduce Treemap charts that are new to Microsoft® Excel 2016.
- NEW PRODUCTIVITY APPS FOR THE SCHOOL AND WORK MODULE PROVIDES A STRONG VISUAL INTRODUCTION. These helpful, easy-to-use apps by technology author Corinne Hoisington visually guide students through using Microsoft® OneNote, Sway, Office Mix and Edge. Fun, hands-on activities ensure active learning. Companion Sways provide videos and step-by-step instructions to help students learn to master each app.
- BOOK OFFERS UNIQUE EMPHASIS ON THE REASONING BEHIND EACH PROCESS. Students go well beyond simply following instructions as they accomplish each task. They explore the context for their complete projects as they learn the “why” behind each step in the process.
- ROADMAPS FOR EACH MODULE DETAIL PROGRESS. Helpful Roadmaps within each module visually emphasize for students where they are in the process of completing the module project and guide them in tackling more advanced skills and concepts.
- CONTENT EMPHASIZES CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS. Opportunities to refine critical thinking appear throughout the text within Consider This sections, thought-provoking questions, and problem-solving activities. Numerous end-of-module activities engage students in critical thinking and highlight problem-solving skills as students learn to create their own solutions.
- BOOK ENCOURAGES PERSONALIZATION. This edition asks students to incorporate personal details in their solutions for every module project and assignment. This not only emphasizes the practicality of what they are learning, but also ensures that each student’s solution will be unique.
Word 8. Using Document Collaboration, Integration, and Charting Tools.
Word 9. Creating a Reference Document with a Table of Contents and an Index.
Word 10. Creating a Template for an Online Form.
Word 11. Enhancing an Online Form and Using Macros.
PPT 8. Customizing a Template and Handouts Using Masters.
PPT 9. Modifying a Presentation Using Graphical Elements.
PPT 10. Developing a Presentation with Content from Outside Sources.
PPT 11. Organizing Slides and Creating a Photo Album.
Excel 8. Working with Trendlines, Pivot Table Reports, PivotChart Reports, and Slicers.
Excel 9. Formula Auditing, Data Validation, and Complex Problem Solving.
Excel 10. Using Macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) with Excel.
Excel 11. Collaboration Features for Workbooks.
Access 8. Macros, Navigation Forms, and Data Macros.
Access 9. Administering a Database System.
Access 10. Using SQL.
Access 11. Database Design.
Outlook 4. Creating and Managing Tasks.
Outlook 5. Customizing Outlook.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.