Request for consultation
Introduce your students to the latest advancements that Microsoft® Office and Access have to offer with MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & ACCESS 2016: INTRODUCTORY -- the new edition in today’s generation of acclaimed Shelly Cashman Series® books. For more than three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series® has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students. MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & ACCESS 2016: INTRODUCTORY continues the Series’ strong history of innovation with a hallmark learning approach now enhanced to address the varied learning styles of today’s students. A trademark step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach encourages students to expand their understanding of Microsoft® Access 2016 through experimentation, critical thought, and personalization. This new edition and accompanying resources deliver effective educational materials specifically designed to engage readers, improve retention, and prepare students for future success with MS Office and Access 2016.
- MODULE 1 PROVIDES MEANINGFUL PRACTICE WITH A NEW DATABASE PROJECT. Students work with a project that models the real world of a human resources outsourcing company as they master the use of query, report and form examples new to Access 2016.
- MODULE 2 INTRODUCES NEW FORMS AND USEFUL REPORTS. Students learn to fully utilize Access 2016’s new query and crosstab examples as well as the new forms and reports created from a join query.
- MODULE 3 OFFERS NEW EXAMPLES BASED ON CURRENT ACCESS 2016 OFFERINGS. This helpful module details the strengths of Access 2016 including Filter, Lookup Field and Multivalued Lookup Field examples.
- STEP-BY-STEP, SCREEN-BY-SCREEN APPROACH EFFECTIVELY INTRODUCES KEY ACCESS SKILLS. This proven visual approach presents students with explanatory and navigational information when they need to know it. The book addresses the needs of all learning styles to help students retain and apply skills in their personal and professional lives.
- PROVEN PEDAGOGY EMPHASIZES PROJECT PLANNING. This project planning approach frames the explanations within each module around a practical problem that students need to solve. This introductory presentation encourages critical thinking as the learner determines how to proceed at various key points within the module.
- EXTENSIVE END-OF-MODULE ACTIVITIES REINFORCE KEY ACCESS SKILLS AND APPLICATIONS. These proven, class-tested activities provide a variety of reinforcement opportunities for students to apply and expand their Access 2016 skills.
Office 2016 and Windows 10: Essential Concepts and Skills.
1. Databases and Database Objects: An Introduction.
2. Querying a Database.
3. Maintaining a Database.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
Instructor's Website, Comprehensive
Find everything you need for your course all in one place. All instructor resources are available instantly through the password-protected Instructor Companion Website, including the Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank and PowerPoint® slides.