Request for consultation
Combine strong computer concepts from the best-selling DISCOVERING COMPUTERS with proven step-by-step instruction on Microsoft® Office 2016 in one convenient book. DISCOVERING COMPUTERS & MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & OFFICE 2016: A FUNDAMENTAL COMBINED APPROACH delivers the best of Shelly Cashman Series® in a single resource for your Introduction to Computers course. As part of the Series that has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students, this book encourages critical thought, personalization, and experimentation with the latest Microsoft ® Office 365 and 2016 software. Updated and revised computer concepts content throughout this edition reflect the evolving needs of today’s Introductory Computing students, focusing exclusively on the skills students need to be successful in college and beyond. Enhancements throughout this edition ensure this book delivers the most effective introduction to Microsoft ® Office 2016 with extensive resources for both you and your students.
- COMPUTER CONCEPTS HIGHLIGHT THE MOST RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN COMPUTER TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY. The latest computer concepts, drawn from the best-selling DISCOVERING COMPUTERS, emphasize actionable content, a proven learning structure, and variety of practice and opportunities to reinforce key skills.
- NEW WORD MODULE INTRODUCES THE LATEST STRENGTHS OF MICROSOFT® WORD 2016. This edition provides new hands-on module projects and effective introductions to the key features new to Word 2016, including Smart Lookup button and Insights task pane.
- NEW POWERPOINT® MODULE HIGHLIGHTS THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURES IN THE LATEST VERSION. Your students work with new projects and exercises that emphasize the topics that are most relevant in their lives. This edition further explains how to best use new inserting and formatting shapes features.
- NEW EXCEL MODULE EMPHASIZES PRATICAL USES FOR NEW FEATURES. An updated, useful project teaches students how to create a personal budget. It also addresses chart types and functions that are new to Excel 2016.
- NEW ACCESS MODULE PROVIDES VALUABLE HANDS-ON PRACTICE. Students work with a new database project that models the real world of a human resources outsourcing company. Students learn to use new query, report and form examples from Access 2016.
- NEW PRODUCTIVITY APPS FOR WORK AND SCHOOL MODULE PROVIDES A VISUAL INTRODUCTION. These helpful, easy-to-use apps by well-known technology author Corinne Hoisington visually guide students through using Microsoft® OneNote, Sway, Office Mix and Edge, using fun, hands-on activities for active learning. Companion Sways provide videos and step-by-step instructions to help students learn to master each app.
- STEP-BY-STEP PRESENTATIONS AND CLEAR SCREEN IMAGES GUIDE STUDENTS. This book’s proven step-by-step pedagogy and enhanced callouts within screenshots provide students with guidance each step of the way, helping them master even the most challenging Office 2016 skills. The book’s unique project-based approach engages students in learning skills within a real-world context.
- ONE BOOK COMBINES COMPLETE COMPUTER CONCEPTS WITH THE LATEST MICROSOFT ® OFFICE 2016 SKILLS. The authors skillfully integrate fully updated computer concepts content with the latest new Microsoft® Office 2016 skills in a single, convenient text. All of this timely information is reinforced with the proven Shelly Cashman hallmark pedagogy.
- EACH MODULE ADDRESSES PRATICAL SKILLS AND TIMELY SECURITY ISSUES RELATED TO CONTENT. As students progress through each module’s topics, they examine the practical technology skills and relevant security issues pertinent to the featured subject matter.
- MEANINGFUL QUESTIONS AND ACTIVITIES STRENGTHEN CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS. Students have numerous opportunities throughout the text to refine their critical thinking abilities as they answer thought-provoking questions, complete problem-solving activities within the module, and review end of module activities and assignments.
Productivity Apps for School and Work.
DC Module 1: Introducing Today’s Technologies: Computers, Devices, and the Web.
DC Module 2: Connecting And Communicating Online: The Internet, Websites, and Media.
DC Module 3: Computers And Mobile Devices: Evaluating Options for Home and Work.
DC Module 4: Programs And Apps: Productivity, Graphics, Security, and Other Tools.
DC Module 5: Digital Security, Ethics, And Privacy: Threats, Issues, and Defenses.
Office 2016 and Windows 10: Essential Concepts and Skills.
Word 1: Creating, Formatting, and Editing a Word Document with a Picture.
Word 2: Creating a Research Paper with References and Sources.
Word 3: Creating a Business Letter with a Letterhead and Table.
PPT 1: Creating and Editing a Presentation with Pictures.
PPT 2: Enhancing a Presentation with Pictures, Shapes, and WordArt.
PPT 3: Reusing a Presentation and Adding Media and Animation.
Excel 1: Creating a Worksheet and a Chart.
Excel 2: Formulas, Functions, and Formatting.
Excel 3: Working with Large Worksheets, Charting, and What-If Analysis.
Access 1: Databases and Database Objects: An Introduction.
Access 2: Querying a Database.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.