Request for consultation
IINTRODUCTION TO ELECTRONICS, SIXTH EDITION provides your students with a broad overview of both the linear and digital fields of electronics while also providing the basics so your students can understand the fundamentals of electronics. This book is intended for first year students to stimulate their interest in electronics, whether they are in high school or college, and will provide them with a fundamental background in electronics that they need to succeed in today's increasingly digital world. The sixth edition continues to expose students to the broad field of electronics at a level they can easily understand. Chapters are brief and focused and frequent examples are used to show math and formulas in use. Each chapter builds on the previous chapter to allow your students to grow with the knowledge necessary to continue. There are many new problems and review questions and Internet applications that enhance your students' learning and retention of the material. In addition, new photographs keep them up to date with changes in the field of electronics and a new topic on Programmable Interface Controllers (PICs) is included as well. INTRODUCTION TO ELECTRONICS, SIXTH EDITION is written to allow all of your students to fully comprehend the fundamentals of electronics.
- Contains many new problems and review questions and Internet applications to enhance your students' learning and retention of the text material.
- Has all circuit examples done with MultiSIM, Version 11.
- Includes new photographs to keep your students up to date with changes in the field of electronics.
- Includes a new topic on Programmable Interface Controllers (PICs).
- Provides an ideal solution for your students with no prior electronics experience who seek a basic background in DC and AC circuits, Devices, and Digital Circuits.
- Includes detailed, step-by-step examples that serve to further clarify when and how to use basic formulas and math.
- Contains "Career Profiles" at the beginning of each section to stimulate your students' interest in further study and/or potential employment in the electronics fields.
- Includes a Student Companion site that contains interactive tutorials, presentations and Multism circuit files.
1. Fundamentals of Electricity.
5. Ohm's Law.
6. Electrical Measurements—Meters.
8. DC Circuits.
Part II: AC CIRCUITS.
12. Alternating Current.
13. AC Measurements.
14. Resistive AC Circuits.
15. Capacitive AC Circuits.
16. Inductive AC Circuits.
17. Resonance Circuits.
Part III: SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICES 181.
19. Semiconductor Fundamentals.
20. PN Junction Diodes.
21. Zener Diodes.
22. Bipolar Transistors.
23. Field Effect Transistors (FETs).
25. Integrated Circuits.
26. Optoelectric Devices.
Part IV: LINEAR ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS.
27. Power Supplies.
28. Amplifier Basics.
29. Amplifier Applications.
31. Waveshaping Circuits.
Part V: DIGITAL ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS 313.
32. Binary Number System.
33. Basic Logic Gates.
34. Simplifying Logic Circuits 330.
35. Sequential Logic Circuits 338.
36. Combinational Logic Circuits.
37. Microcomputer Basics.
Part VI: PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS.
38. Printed Circuit Board Fabrication.
39. Printed Circuit Board Assembly and Repair.
40. Basic Troubleshooting.
Appendix 1: Electronics Abbreviations.
Appendix 2: Periodic Table of Elements.
Appendix 3: The Greek Alphabet.
Appendix 4: Metric Prefixes Used in Electronics.
Appendix 5: Resistor Color Codes.
Appendix 6: Capacitor Color Code.
Appendix 7: Electronics Symbols.
Appendix 8: Semiconductor Schematic Symbols.
Appendix 9: Digital Logic Symbols.
Appendix 10: DC and AC Circuit Formulas.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.