Request for consultation
Specifically focused on the school counseling profession, the cutting-edge new SCHOOL BASED GROUP COUNSELING delivers a professional, comprehensive, and well-balanced group counseling text for K-12 preservice school counselors. Combining theory, research, case studies, real-world examples, and plenty of hands-on material, this exciting new First Edition walks preservice school counselors step by step through the development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of small groups in school counseling. Written by professionals in the field, it offers thorough discussions of K-12 case studies and group examples from practicing school counselors. It also provides an excellent context for group work through a discussion of the pertinent theories and key research. The authors use the lens of real-world, school-based practice, strengths-based counseling, systems thinking, developmental psychology, and ASCA's National Model.
- Unlike generic texts geared toward a mix of counseling subspecialties, this cutting-edge First Edition is written specifically for students entering or already working in the school counseling profession.
- Extremely relevant, SCHOOL BASED GROUP COUNSELING is packed with illustrative practical case studies and vignettes that bring chapter concepts to life.
- Practicing school counselors contributed most of the material presented in the text, giving it an insightful real-world perspective.
- The essential group counseling function is thoroughly explained within the context of comprehensive school counseling programs and the ACSA national model.
- The text also addresses counseling groups with students who are at risk for school failure.
- Comprehensive coverage includes all phases of small group work--developing, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
2. Foundations of School-Based Group Counseling.
3. The Basics of Group Preparation and Implementation.
4. Facilitating Small Groups.
5. Professional Considerations in Conducting Groups in Schools.
6. Groups for Elementary School Students.
7. Groups for Middle School and Junior High School Students.
8. Groups for High School Students.
9. Small Groups for Students with Special Needs.
10. Small Groups for Students of Color: Multicultural Considerations.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The instructors manual for SCHOOL BASED GROUP COUNSELING, 1e, brings a host of helpful planning and teaching resources to your fingertips, along with a comprehensive chapter-by-chapter test bank.