Request for consultation
Clear, logical, and easy to understand, RESPIRATORY CARE CALCULATIONS, Third Edition is an essential text for any student preparing for a career in respiratory therapy. Covering all of the essential calculations in the practice of respiratory care, this text uses a step-by-step approach to calculations designed to help any student easily complete respiratory calculations and avoid common mistakes. Filled with updated examples, self-assessments, practice exercises, and pertinent clinical notes, the text ensures that student will be able to independently compute calculations and understand and interpret answers, charts, and graphs that are generated in clinical settings.
- NEW calculations have been added, including cerebral perfusion pressure, MDI/DPI dosage, and pressure support ventilation setting.
- A NEW section on ventilator waveforms with detailed illustrations has been added.
- Expanded appendix now includes up-to-date information on topics such as: anatomical values of children and adults, basal metabolic rate, normal laboratory reference values, croup score, sedation scales, and pitting edema scale, among many more.
- Increased calculation exercises to provide readers with numerous opportunities for practice.
- Self-assessment questions follow NBRC certification so that readers are better prepared for exams.
- The author's step-by-step approach to completing calculations helps readers avoid common mistakes.
- This text is organized alphabetically and by subject area for use as a quick reference.
- Practice exercises throughout the text reinforce learning and improve retention.
2. Respiratory Care Calculations.
3. Ventilator Waveforms.
4. Basic Statistics and Educational Calculations.
5. Answer Key to Self-Assessment Questions.
6. Symbols and Abbreviations.
7. Units of Measurement.
Index by Alphabetical Listing
Index by Subject Area