Request for consultation
Straightforward and easy to understand, the Sixth Edition of Quality Hand Soldering and Circuit Board Repair has been thoroughly revised to provide students with the most up to date information in the industry. Focusing on the production and repair of circuit boards, this text begins with the basics of soldering and the requirements for a reliable solder connection. Students are then guided through a variety of circuit board repairs, from conformal coating identification and removal to different types of track/pad repairs, burn repairs, and edge connector repairs. With safety tips and multiple opportunities for review and practice, this step by step reference book provides students with the skills and knowledge needed to remain competitive and in accordance with international standards.
- Includes "Safety Tips" to make sure the student is aware of the hazards that could cause injury.
- NEW end of each chapter questions to ensure students understand the information covered. Instructors are provided access to the answers.
- Updated and reorganized for better presentation and flow of the information provided.
- Information on surface mount technology for the smallest components is included to provide the most comprehensive coverage.
- Actual equipment and measurement techniques are shown throughout the book so students can easily transfer their knowledge to the world of work.
- Easy-to-understand language introduces students to important concepts without the technical jargon.
2. Soldering Techniques.
3. Stripping and Tinning Stranded Wires.
4. Installing and Soldering Tinned Wires.
5. Components-Through Hole Mount(THM).
6. Components-Surface Mount Technology (SMT).
7. Desoldering-THM and SMT.
9. Conformal Coatings and Solder Masks.
10. Pad and Track Repairs.
11. Run/Track/Trace Repairs.
12. Burn Repairs.
13. Edge Connectors/Fingers.