Request for consultation
Based on more than 20 years of counseling experience, this book provides information on the problems, techniques, and practicalities of chemical dependence treatment while integrating case conceptualization throughout. Using an integrative model of change, this practical, "nuts and bolts" guide assists helping professionals in working on treatment and relapse issues with individual or groups of chemically dependent clients.
Part I. A MODEL FOR CHANGE.
1. An Integrative Model of Chemical Dependence Treatment.
2. Practical Decisions in Assessment and Referral.
3. Case Conceptualization, Treatment Planning, and Treatment.
4. Maintenance, Relapse, and Relapse Prevention.
Part II. CHEMICAL DEPENDENCE PRACTICE CONCERNS.
5. Individual Treatment.
6. Family Dynamics and Treatment.
7. Children and Adult Children of Alcoholics and Other Drug Abusers.
8. Group Treatment. References.
"I particularly like the dual-diagnosis recognition in this manuscript. We have plenty of alcoholism and drug addiction books [on our shelves], but a good dual-diagnosis book with an emphasis on solid psychotherapy and psychology practice has been needed for some time. . . . The research is solid, the quotes and tables are current, and the book is imminently readable. You guys made a good pick with this one."