Request for consultation
Created after exhaustive research into students’ workflows and preferences, OM6 from 4LTR Press combines an easy-reference, paperback textbook with Chapter Review Cards and an innovative online experience –- all at an affordable price. New for this edition, students can explore OM anywhere, anytime, and on most devices with OM Online! The new intuitive functionality of StudyBits™ also enables students to study more effectively and monitor their progress. Extensively revised and reorganized, OM6 content includes a new integrative case that moves from chapter to chapter, with a total of 35 related questions; a new treatment of value chain networks; greater emphasis on supply chain design; an all-new chapter devoted to supply chain management and logistics; and many new feature boxes and cases. OM Online engages students of all ages and learning styles. With its straightforward course management, assessment, and analytics for instructors, it integrates seamlessly into your course.
- NEW! 4LTR PRESS is now online for students who are on the go! Created through an in-depth investigation of students’ challenges and workflows, OM Online lets students study how and when they want -- including on their devices!
- A new unique functionality of OM Online enables students to easily collect notes and create StudyBits™ from interactive content to help them focus on what’s most important. New intuitive tagging and filtering options help students maximize their study efforts as they make flashcards, take practice quizzes, view related content, and track their progress -- all in one place!
- OM with OM Online engages students of all generations and learning styles and -- with its straightforward course management, assessment, and analytics for instructors -- integrates seamlessly into your course, setting the stage for thinking critically about Operations Management.
- Completely revised and updated, OM6 includes expanded discussion of Supply Chain Design, an all-new chapter on Supply Chain Management and Logistics, as well as many new problems, discussion questions, feature boxes, and case studies.
- Coverage of Forecasting and Demand Planning has been moved ahead of the chapter on Capacity Planning.
- The result of exhaustive research and thorough understanding of student workflow and learning styles, every 4LTR Press solution comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, and an interactive digital solution with study tools and the full text narrative. Students have their choice of format -- print with online, print only, or online only -- all at the same affordable price.
- Concise yet comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format that increases the number of students who read the chapter without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Tear-Out Review Cards at the back of the Student Editions equip students with a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information they need to prepare for class and tests.
- All OM6 Chapters include a new integrative case with a total of 36 questions. Additional instructor resources -- including Excel templates and Data Sheets -- are available at OM6 Online. In addition, six online-only supplemental chapters offer options for an even deeper dive into operations management.
Operations Management. OM in the Workplace. Understanding Goods and Services. The Concept of Value. Customer Benefit Packages. Value Chains. Value Chain Frameworks. OM: A History of Change and Challenge. Key Challenges.
2. Measuring Performance in Operations and Value Chains.
Types of Performance Measures. Analytics in Operations Management. Designing Measurement Systems in Operations. Models of Organizational Performance.
3. Operations Strategy.
Gaining Competitive Advantage. Understanding Customer Wants and Needs. Evaluating Goods and Services. Competitive Priorities. OM and Strategic Planning. A Framework for Operations Strategy.
4. Technology and Operations Management.
Understanding Technology in Operations. Technology in Value Chains. Benefits and Challenges of Technology. Technology Decisions and Implementation.
5. Goods and Service Design.
Designing Goods and Services. Customer-Focused Design. Designing Manufactured Goods. Service-Delivery System Design. Service-Encounter Design. An Integrative Case Study of LensCrafters.
6. Supply Chain Design.
Global Supply Chains. Supply Chain Design Trade-Offs. A Global Supply Chain: Inditex/Zara. Location Decisions. Supply Chain Optimization.
7. Process, Selection, Design, and Analysis.
Process Choice Decisions. The Product-Process Matrix. The Service-Positioning Matrix. Process Design. Process Analysis and Improvement. Process Design and Resource Utilization.
8. Facility and Work Design.
Facility Layout. Designing Product Layouts. Designing Process Layouts. Workplace and Job Design.
9. Forecasting and Demand Planning.
Forecasting and Demand Planning. Basic Concepts in Forecasting. Statistical Forecasting Models. Regression as a Forecasting Approach. Judgmental Forecasting. Forecasting in Practice.
10. Capacity Management.
Understanding Capacity. Capacity Measurement in Operations. Long-term Capacity Strategies. Short-term Capacity Management. Theory of Constraints.
11. Managing Inventories in Supply Chains.
Understanding Inventory. Inventory Characteristics. ABC Inventory Analysis. Managing Fixed-Quality Inventory Systems. Managing Fixed-Period Inventory Systems. Single-Period Inventory Model.
12 Supply Chain Management and Logistics.
Managing Supply Chains. Logistics. Risk Management in Supply Chains. Supply Chains in e-Commerce. Measuring Supply Chain Performance. Sustainability in Supply Chains.
13. Resource Management.
Resource Planning Framework for Goods and Services. Aggregate Planning Options. Strategies for Aggregate Planning. Disaggregation in Manufacturing. Capacity Requirements Planning.
14. Operations Scheduling and Sequencing.
Understanding Scheduling and Sequencing. Scheduling Applications and Approaches. Sequencing. Applications of Sequencing Rules. Schedule Monitoring and Control. Vehicle Routing and Scheduling.
15. Quality Management.
Understanding Quality. Influential Leaders in Modern Quality Management. The GAP Model. ISO 9000:2000. Six Sigma. Cost-of-Quality Measurement. The “Seven QC Tools.” Other Improvement Strategies.
16. Quality Control and SPC.
Quality Control Systems. Statistical Process Control and Variation. Constructing Control Charts. Practical Issues in SPC Implementation. Process Capability.
17. Lean Operating Systems.
Principles of Lean Operating Systems. Lean Tools and Approaches. Lean Six Sigma. Lean Manufacturing and Service Tours. Just-in-time Systems.
18. Project Management.
The Scope of Project Management. Techniques for Planning, Scheduling and Controlling Projects. Time/Cost Trade-Offs. Uncertainty in Project Management.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g., all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom’s Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the OM Online product and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.