Request for consultation
This timely and innovative new text meets the need for a concise, one-semester book that provides a thorough introduction to iOS and Objective-C programming and their practical application in developing iPhone apps. The unique nature of the text highlights and clarifies potentially challenging concepts by providing abundant examples, end-of-chapter summaries, programming problems of varying complexity, and a full hands-on project/lab together with its solution. The book facilitates not only iOS and Objective-C programming but also actual app development in one semester by focusing only on the topics required to develop basic apps.
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to iPhone app development through dual coverage of Objective-C and iOS programming.
- Streamlines and simplifies challenging topics through numerous examples and focused, concise chapters that cover only the topics required to develop basic apps.
- Integrates business topics into the world of app development through dynamic case studies in each chapter.
- Includes hands-on labs in each chapter with step-by-step instructions.
- Designed for students with knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language; no prior knowledge of iOS development is required.
- Offers a complete set of instructor supplements, including a solutions set, test bank, instructor's manual, and PowerPoint slides.
Part I: OBJECTIVE C.
1. Launching and Getting Started.
2. Variables, Constants, and Data Types.
3. Decisions and Conditions.
6. Foundation Framework.
7. Object-Oriented Programming.
Part II: iOS PROGRAMMING.
8. Understanding and Implementing iOS Environment.
9. Understanding and Creating User Interfaces.
10. Passing Data Between View Controllers, Delegates, and Protocols.
11. Table Views.
12. Tab Bar View and Picker View Controls.
13. Multimedia: Images and Sound.
14. Data Persistence.