Request for consultation
OBD II: FUNCTIONS, MONITORS, AND DIAGNOSTIC TECHNIQUES is a resource that offers complete coverage of OBD II and tells your students what they need to know to succeed as field technicians. This exciting new book combines coverage of OBD II design, its role in state emission testing failures, diagnosis and repair, and the setting of readiness monitors. It provides your students with a solid working knowledge of the purpose and functions of the OBD II by beginning with an overview of the technology and its role in on-the-job tasks. Using this as a foundation, the author then addresses more advanced topics, including the extremely high-powered diagnostic abilities involving the various scanner modes, as well as the hows and whys of setting readiness monitors. With numerous practical examples and an emphasis on world-wide vehicle coverage that does not limit explanations to specific manufacturers, OBD II: FUNCTIONS, MONITORS, AND DIAGNOSTIC TECHNIQUES, will prepare your students for success in the industry.
- Contains case studies that present actual vehicle failure scenarios and then demonstrate diagnosis and repair, offering reinforcement and the application of key concepts.
- Copies of vehicle scan data stream provide real-world data, enabling your students to easily transfer their knowledge to the world of work.
- Includes bi-directional control of the systems that provides a unique feature never before seen in any other book.
- Opens each chapter with objectives, offering an introduction to each topic area and why it is important.
- ASE-style questions at the end of each chapter prepare students for certification success.
- Detailed photos, line drawings and screen captures that illustrate important information.
2. OBD-I vs. OBD-II.
3. Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's).
4. Readiness and Monitors.
5. Monitors and Strategies.
6. Scan Data.
7. Continuous Monitors-Misfire.
8. The Fuel System Monitor.
9. Comprehensive Component Monitor.
10. Oxygen Sensor Monitor.
11. CAT Monitor.
12. EVAP Monitor.
13. EGR Monitor.
14. Air Monitor, Thermostat, and PCV Systems.
15. Using OBD II Modes 5 and 6.
16. Repair Baseline Techniques.
17. CAN and OBD II.
18. Using a DSO on an OBD II System.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resources for Santini's OBD-II: Functions, Monitors and Diagnostic Techniques
Instructor Resources serve as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips or guidelines, essay questions, answers to review and test questions, key objectives, glossary, appendices and exercises for content reinforcement.