Request for consultation
NEXOS, Enhanced Third Edition high-interest cultural themes and related activities encourage students to engage in meaningful communication using interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational modes. NEXOS’s realistic pacing of material, easy-to-use grammar, practical vocabulary, plus engaging storyline and authentic video strands that contextualize grammar and vocabulary all work together to help students gain confidence and move quickly toward proficiency. The Enhanced edition features the addition of dazzling video footage and photography of National Geographic™ into iLrn to enhance students’ cultural exploration.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CULTURAL VIDEOS TO ACCOMPANY THE FOUR-TIER VIDEO PROGRAM. The addition of dazzling video footage and photography of National Geographic to iLrn will enhance students’ cultural exploration. Through the 21 country-based video clips, students are exposed to the diversity of the Spanish-speaking world, from the fascinating life style of the gauchos of Argentina to the mysteries of the ancient Mayan civilization of Tikal in Guatemala, from the bustling streets of Barcelona in Spain to the exotic species that inhabit Ecuador's Galapagos Islands. The level-appropriate activities guide students as they explore the varied content of the videos. As they are visually drawn into the world of Spanish speakers, they have opportunities to engage in conversation about what they are experiencing. Students are better able to talk and write about what is familiar to them - what they have experienced through sight and sound.
- NEW INTERACTIVE GRAMMAR ACTIVITIES FOR DIFFERENT LEARNING PREFERENCES. New grammar practice activities centered around visual, auditory, and kinesthetic (VAK) learning preferences make students' practice experience more interactive and, therefore, more effective. Kinesthetic learners will benefit from iLrn’s new “drag-and-drop” functionality, which makes movement-based learning realizable in the digital realm. Upgrades to Share It! facilitate both student usage of the tool and instructor tracking of the assignments.
- NEW MULTIMEDIA TOOLS. These tools enhance learning and instruction. iLrn: Heinle Learning Center (an all-in-one online solution for the introductory Spanish course) provides students with everything they need to master the skills and concepts of the course.
- FOUR-TIER VIDEO PROGRAM. Praised by instructors and students alike, the NEXOS video series, with its new features and footage, connects students to the cultures of the Spanish-speaking world while helping develop early speaking skills.
- ADDITIONAL IN-TEXT SUPPORT FOR INSTRUCTORS MAKES LESSON PLANNING EASIER. Activities are clearly identified as I (input/receptive), M (meaningful/mechanical), or C (open ended/communicative). The audioscripts are included as marginal annotations for in-text listening activities. Complete lesson plans for every chapter are offered online and include suggestions for instructors who prefer to introduce some topics earlier in the program.
- INTEGRATED VIDEO GRAMMAR TUTORIALS. For students who need additional support, these tutorials feature a virtual instructor explaining particular issues or concepts relating to specific grammatical structures.
- “¡EXPLORA Y EXPRESATE!” SECTION IN EACH CHAPTER. These sections help students make the connection between what they have studied and practiced to further cultural explorations and meaningful communication through copiously annotated learning objectives, backward design structure, and student-produced KWL charts.
- FLEXIBLE, INTEGRATED PRINT AND DIGITAL RESOURCES. These resources accommodate a range of course presentation styles; for departments that offer multiple course formats, the NEXOS program provides continuity and eliminates the need for extra preparation.
- SEAMLESS INTEGRATION OF THE NATIONAL STANDARDS FOR FOREIGN LANGUAGE LEARNING. The third edition of NEXOS presents diverse cultural perspectives to connect students to all aspects of the Spanish-speaking world.
- EASY-TO-NAVIGATE CHAPTERS. The chapters guide students through the material, beginning with compelling chapter openers that introduce a theme, communication and cultural goals, and the chapter's region of focus.
- RELEVANT CONTEXTUALIZED VOCABULARY PRESENTATIONS. These presentations, which are linked to the video program's high-interest storyline, characters and new authentic video interview strand, help students gain confidence, cultural awareness, and early speaking skills.
- COMPLETELY REVAMPED TESTING AND INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES ON POWERLECTURE. These resources supply professors with the most robust testing options and supplemental class-time and homework activities.
- Culture has been fine-tuned throughout to enhance learning outcomes by: Implementing Backward Design (KWL charts in chapter opener activities are followed up in sections throughout the chapter, with updated comparative information; new topics for further exploration; and a culminating KWL activity in end-of-chapter cultural sections.) Enhancing focus on differentiation and assessment through a wealth of instructor annotations that provide tips and suggestions for checking student progress throughout the chapters. Incorporating Bloom's Taxonomy by correlating chapter objectives to align with Cognitive and Knowledge categories.
- Approximately 40 percent of readings have been replaced to offer fresh, up-to-date selections.
- Writing practice, previously split between the core text and the Student Activities Manual, is now included with every chapter of the core text.
- Approximately half of the “Voces de la comunidad” profiles have been updated or replaced to increase student awareness of prominent Hispanic professionals currently engaged in local U.S. communities.
- New video interview segments in “A ver” sections expose students to a range of authentic Spanish speakers.
- Additional communicative activities in vocabulary and grammar sections as well as a smoother progression from inductive through meaningful to communicative practice have been included.
- “Repaso y preparación” sections at the end of each chapter make it easy for students to check what they have learned and get ready to absorb new material in the next chapter.
The alphabet. People. The textbook. Numbers 0–100. Objects in the classroom. The textbook. Classroom commands.
1. ¿CÓMO TE LLAMAS?
Temas - La identidad personal. Introducción a los países de habla española. Comunicación - introduce yourself and others, greet, and say goodbye. Make a phone call. Tell your and others’ ages. Address friends informally and acquaintances politely. Write a personal letter.
Vocabulario útil - 1. Greetings. 2. Exchanging personal information (phone numbers and addresses). 3. Introductions and saying good-bye. Gramática útil - 1. Identifying people and objects: Nouns and articles. 2. Identifying and describing: Subject pronouns and the present indicative of the verb ser. 3. Expressing quantity: Hay + nouns. 4. Expressing possession, obligation, and age: Tener, tener que, tener + años. Cultura - Opener Spanish around the world. ¡Fíjate! Cell phones. Voces de la comunidad: Hispanics from the U.S., Canada, and around the world. ¡Explora y exprésate! – 1. a brief history of the Spanish language. 2. some statistics about Spanish speakers. 3. a few comparisons between Spanish and English. 4. Spanish in the professional world. Skills - A ver. Estrategia Viewing a segment several times. A leer. Estrategia Identifying cognates. Lectura ¡Tu dirección electrónica revela tu personalidad! A escribir. Estrategia Prewriting—Identifying your target audience. Composición An e-mail message. Repaso y preparación.
2. ¿QUÉ TE GUSTA HACER?
Temas - 1. Gustos y preferencias. 2. Hispanos en Estados Unidos. Comunicación - express likes and dislikes. Compare yourself to other people and describe personality traits. Ask and answer questions. Talk about leisure-time activities. Indicate nationality. Vocabulario útil - 1. Activities. 2. Physical traits. 3. Personality traits. Gramática útil - 1. Describing what you do or are doing: The present indicative of -ar verbs. 2. Saying what you and others like to do: Gustar + infinitive. 3. Describing yourself and others: Adjective agreement. Cultura - Opener Statistics on Hispanics in the U.S. ¡Fíjate! “Spanglish”: la mezcla de dos idiomas. Voces de la comunidad Isabel Valdés, author and consultant. ¡Explora y exprésate! -world nationalities. -bilingual culture in the U.S. and Canada. -some statistics about Hispanics in the U.S. -Hispanic groups in the U.S.: brief overview of their history and culture. Skills - A ver. Estrategia: Using questions as an advance organizer. A leer. Estrategia: Using a bilingual dictionary. Lectura ¿Cómo soy yo? A escribir. Estrategia Prewriting: Using a bilingual dictionary. Composición: An art review. Repaso y preparación.
3. ¿QUÉ CLASES VAS A TOMAR?
Temas - 1. Investigaciones. 2. Puerto Rico, Cuba y la República Dominicana. Comunicación - talk about courses and schedules and tell time. Talk about present activities and future plans. Talk about possessions. Ask and answer questions. Vocabulario útil - 1. Fields of study and days of the week. 2. Telling time and times of day. 3. Talking about dates. Gramática útil - 1. Asking questions: Interrogative words. 2. Talking about daily activities: -er and -ir verbs in the present indicative. 3. Talking about possessions: Simple possessive adjectives. 4. Indicating destination and future plans: The verb ir. Cultura - Opener. Comparative facts about Caribbean countries. ¡Fíjate! The twenty-four hour clock. Voces de la comunidad. Erick Carreira, scientist. ¡Explora y exprésate! -Facts about Puerto Rico, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic. Cuba: the campaign for literacy. Puerto Rico: the bilingual education of the boricuas. República Dominicana: the oldest university in the New World. Skills - A ver. Estrategia: Using body language. A leer. Estrategia Using visuals. Lectura Tres escuelas interesantes del Caribe. A escribir. Estrategia Prewriting—Brainstorming ideas. Composición A descriptive diary entry. Repaso y preparación.
4. ¿TE INTERESA LA TECNOLOGÍA?
Temas - 1. Conexiones. 2. España. Comunicación - talk about computers and technology. identify colors. talk about likes and dislikes. describe people, emotions, and conditions. talk about current activities. say how something is done. Vocabulario útil - 1. Technology, computers, and colors. 2. Emotions, electronics. 3. On the Internet. Gramática útil - 1. Expressing likes and dislikes: Gustar with nouns and other verbs like gustar. 2. Describing yourself and others and expressing conditions and locations: The verb estar and the uses of ser and estar. 3. Talking about everyday events: Stem-changing verbs in the present indicative. 4. Describing how something is done: Adverbs. Cultura - 1. Opener Comparative facts about Spain. 2. ¡Fíjate! 3. Internet language. 4. Voces de la comunidad. 5. Thaddeus Arroyo, CIO. 6. ¡Explora y exprésate! the Spanish empire. the great artists and writers of Spain. the Arabic influence on Spanish architecture. Buika, a Spanish singer who blends many musical styles. Skills - A ver. Estrategia Listening without sound. A leer. Estrategia Using format clues to aid comprehension. Lectura ¿Qué es Tuenti? A escribir. Estrategia Prewriting: Narrowing your topic. Composición An online message. Repaso y preparación.
5. ¿QUÉ TAL LA FAMILIA?
Temas - 1. Relaciones familiares. 2. Honduras y El Salvador. Comunicación - talk about and describe your family. Talk about professions. Describe daily routines. Indicate ongoing actions. Vocabulario útil - 1. The family. 2. Professions and careers. 3. Personal care items.
Gramática útil - 1. Describing daily activities: Irregular yo verbs in the present indicative. 2. Describing daily activities: Reflexive verbs. 3. Describing actions in progress: The present progressive tense. Cultura - 1. Opener Comparative facts about Honduras and El Salvador. 2. ¡Fíjate! 3. Professions with a global impact. 4. Voces de la comunidad. 5. Gloria G. Rodríguez, author and founder of Avance. 6. ¡Explora y exprésate! facts about Honduras and El Salvador. ethnic diversity in Honduras and El Salvador. a unique course of study in Honduras. a financial cooperative in El Salvador.Skills - A ver. Estrategia Listening for the main idea. A leer. Estrategia Skimming for the main idea. Lectura La cultura garífuna. A escribir. Estrategia Writing—Creating a topic sentence. Composición A description of a profession. Repaso y preparación.
6. ¿ADÓNDE VAS?
Temas - 1. La comunidad local. 2. México. Comunicación - Talk about means of transportation. Say where things are located. Talk about where you are and where you are going. Give directions. Agree and disagree. Indicate and talk about what you plan to buy. Make polite requests and commands. Refer to object locations. Vocabulario útil - 1. Places in the university and around town. 2. Means of transportation. 3. Shopping. Gramática útil - 1.Indicating location: Prepositions of location. 2. Telling others what to do: Commands with usted and ustedes. 3. Affirming and negating: Affirmative and negative expressions. 4. Indicating relative position of objects: Demonstrative adjectives and pronouns. Cultura - 1. Opener Comparative facts about Mexico. 2. ¡Fíjate! Regional variations of Spanish around the world. 3. Voces de la comunidad. 4. Sonia Sotomayor, U.S. Supreme Court judge. 5. ¡Explora y exprésate! ancient civilizations and indigenous populations of Mexico. The Spanish conquest and the Mexican Revolution. El tianguis, a special kind of open-air market. Skills - A ver. Estrategia Watching facial expressions. A leer. Estrategia Working with unknown grammatical structures. Lectura Los jóvenes se divierten. A escribir. Estrategia Writing - Adding supporting detail. Composición A description of a place of personal significance. Repaso y preparación.
7. ¿QUÉ PASATIEMPOS PREFIERES?
Temas - 1. Los ratos libres. 2. Panamá y Costa Rica. Comunicación - talk about sports and leisure activities. Talk about seasons and the weather. Say how you feel using tener expressions. Describe your recent leisure activities. Suggest activities and plans to friends.
Vocabulario útil - 1. Sports and leisure activities, seasons. 2. Tener expressions. 3. Weather.
Gramática útil - 1. Talking about what you did: The preterite tense of regular verbs. 2. Talking about what you did: The preterite tense of some common irregular verbs. 3. Referring to something already mentioned: Direct object pronouns. 4. Telling friends what to do: Tú command forms. Cultura - 1. Opener Comparative facts about Costa Rica and Panamá. 2. ¡Fíjate! Weather on both sides of the Equator. 3. Voces de la comunidad new subject TBD. 4. ¡Explora y éxpresate! ethnic diversity in Costa Rica and Panamá. General information about Costa Rica and Panamá. A special boat race from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Ecotourism in Costa Rica. Skills - A ver. Estrategia Listening for details. A leer. Estrategia Scanning for detail. Lectura Costa Rica: Aventuras en los rápidos. A escribir. Estrategia Writing-Freewriting. Composición. An article for the school newspaper. Repaso y preparación.
8. ¿CÓMO DEFINES TU ESTILO?
Temas - 1. Estilo personal. 2. Perú y Ecuador. Comunicación - talk about clothing and fashion. Shop for various articles of clothing. Discuss prices. Describe recent purchases and shopping trips. Talk about buying items and doing favors for friends. Make comparisons. Vocabulario útil - 1. Articles of clothing, fabrics, accessories. 2. Clothes shopping. 3. Means of payment, numbers over 100. Gramática útil - 1. Talking about what you did: The preterite tense of more irregular verbs. 2. Talking about what you did: The preterite tense of –ir stem-changing verbs. 3. Saying who is affected or involved: Indirect object pronouns. 4. Making comparisons: Comparatives and superlatives. Cultura - 1. Opener Comparative facts about Perú and Ecuador. 2. ¡Fíjate! The ancestral tradition of weaving in the Andes. 3. Voces de la comunidad. 4. New subject, fashion designer. 5. ¡Explora y exprésate! ancient civilizations in Perú and Ecuador and their present-day descendants. General information about Perú and Ecuador. Organic cotton from Perú. A colorful fair that sells traditional clothing in Ecuador. Skills - A ver. Estrategia: Using background knowledge to anticipate content. A leer. Estrategia: Using background knowledge to anticipate content. Lectura: El jean impone su encanto. A escribir: Estrategia Revising—Editing your freewriting. Composición: A description of your closet. Repaso y preparación.
9. ¿QUÉ TE APETECE?
Temas - 1. Sabores. 2. Bolivia y Paraguay. Comunicación - talk about food and cooking. Shop for food. Order in a restaurant. Talk about what you used to eat and cook. Say what you do for others. Vocabulario útil - 1. Restaurants and menus. 2. Recipes and food preparation. 3. Setting the table. Gramática útil - 1. Talking about what you used to do: The imperfect tense. 2. Talking about the past: Choosing between the preterite and the imperfect tenses. 3. Avoiding repetition: Double object pronouns. 4. Indicating for whom actions are done and what is done routinely: The uses of se. Cultura - 1. Opener Comparative facts about Bolivia and Paraguay. 2. ¡Fíjate! The metric system. 3. Voces de la comunidad. 4. Aaron Sánchez, chef, cookbook author, and restaurateur. 5. ¡Explora y exprésate! Bolivia and Paraguay: overview and history. La quinua, a special food from Bolivia. El tereré, a social tea tradition from Paraguay. Some ancient and modern sites in Bolivia and Paraguay. Skills - A ver. Estrategia Using visuals to aid comprehension. A leer. Estrategia Setting a time. limit. Lectura Los bocadillos en las oficinas. A escribir. Estrategia Writing-Writing a paragraph. Composición A personal anecdote. Repaso y preparación.
10. ¿DÓNDE VIVES?
Temas - 1. Ambientes. 2. Guatemala Nicaragua. Comunicación - talk about your childhood. Describe houses and apartments and their furnishings. Talk about household tasks. Indicate numerical order. Talk about the duration of past and present events. Say what people want others to do. Emphasize ownership. Vocabulario útil - 1. Parts of the city, the house, ordinal numbers. 2. Household tasks, furniture, and decorations. 3. Household appliances. Gramática útil - 1. Expressing hopes and wishes: The subjunctive mood. 2. Emphasizing ownership: Stressed possessives. 3. Expressing ongoing events and duration of time: Hace / Hacía with time expressions. 4. Choosing between por and para. Cultura - 1. Opener Housing in Guatemala, Nicaragua, the U.S., and Canada. 2. ¡Fíjate! Refranes del mundo hispano. 3. Voces de la comunidad. 4. New subject, Junot Díaz (tentative). 5. ¡Explora y exprésate! Guatemala and Nicaragua: overview and history. Ethnic diversity in Guatemala and Nicaragua. Some ancient and modern sites in Guatemala and Nicaragua. A unique recycling program in Guatemala. Alter Eco: “green” furniture and decorations for your home. Skills - A ver. Estrategia Listening to tone of voice. A leer. Estrategia Understanding poetry. Lectura Poems by Nicaraguan poets Rubén Darío and José Coronel Urtecho. A escribir Estrategia Writing—Adding transitions between paragraphs. Composición Transitional sentences. Repaso y preparación.
11. ¿QUÉ SIGNIFICA LA CULTURA PARA TI?
Temas - 1. Culturas. 2. Venezuela & Colombia. Comunicación - talk about popular and high culture. Express preferences and make suggestions about entertainment. Express emotion and wishes. Express doubt and uncertainty. Express unrealized desires and unknown situations.
Vocabulario útil - 1. Movie genres; talking about movies. 2. Television shows; talking about television. 3. Music, art, and culture. Gramática útil - 1. Expressing emotion and wishes: The subjunctive with impersonal expressions and verbs of emotion. 2. Expressing doubt and uncertainty: The subjunctive with expressions of doubt and disbelief. 3. Expressing unrealized desires and unknown situations: The subjunctive with nonexistent and indefinite situations.
Cultura - 1. Opener Comparative facts about Venezuela and Colombia. 2. ¡Fíjate! New television, video, music, and Internet radio terms. 3. Voces de la comunidad. 4. Suzanna Guzmán, opera singer. 5. ¡Explora y exprésate! important facts about Colombia and Venezuela. The long history of Venezuelan cinema. MAMBO, a Colombian modern art museum.
Skills - A ver. Estrategia: Listening for sequencing words. A leer. Estrategia: Using prefixes and suffixes to aid in comprehension. Lectura Elniuton.com: Innovación y experimentación a nivel internacional. A escribir. Estrategia: Prewriting: Creating an outline. Composición: A review. Repaso y preparación.
12. ¿QUÉ SÍNTOMAS TIENES?
Temas - 1. El bienestar. 2. Argentina y Uruguay. Comunicación - talk about health and illness. Describe aches and parts of the body. Express probable outcomes. Express yourself precisely with the subjunctive and the indicative. Talk about future activities. Vocabulario útil - 1. Symptoms and illnesses, parts of the body. 2. In the doctor’s office. 3. Medications and treatments. Gramática útil - 1. Expressing possible outcomes: The subjunctive and indicative with conjunctions. 2. Expressing yourself precisely: Choosing between the subjunctive and indicative moods. 3. Talking about future activities: The future tense. Cultura - 1. Opener Comparative facts about Argentina and Uruguay. 2. ¡Fíjate! Medical language. 3. Voces de la comunidad. 4. Dr. Élmer Huerta, oncologist, radio and television host. 5. ¡Explora y exprésate! important facts about Argentina and Uruguay. the health benefits of tango, the Argentinian national dance. The long life expectancy of Uruguayans. The popularity of psychoanalysis in Argentina. Skills - A ver. Estrategia: Listening for cognates and key words. A leer. Estrategia: Understanding a chronology. Lectura: Argentina la analítica. A escribir: Estrategia Writing-Using softening language and courtesy expressions. Composición: A letter to the doctor. Repaso y preparación.
13. ¿CÚAL ES TU TRABAJO IDEAL?
Temas - 1. Metas profesionales. 2. Chile. Comunicación - talk about current events. Interview for a job and talk about your skills and experience. Talk about things you have done and had done in the past. Express doubt, emotion, uncertainty, and opinions about recent events and actions. Vocabulario útil - 1. Current events. 2. Applying for a job. 3. Business and the economy. Gramática útil - 1. Talking about what has occurred: The present perfect tense. 2. Talking about events that took place prior to other events: The past perfect tense. 3. Expressing doubt, emotion, and will: The present perfect subjunctive. Cultura - 1. Opener Comparative facts about Chile. 2. ¡Fíjate! Using web translators. 3. Voces de la comunidad. 4. New subject, Yvonne García (tentative). 5. ¡Explora y exprésate! important facts about Chile. The most dramatic rescue of miners ever witnessed by the entire world. Students and summer jobs in Chile. Skills - A ver. Estrategia: Watching for transitions and listening for words that signal a change in the conversation. A leer. Estrategia: Clustering words and phrases. Lectura: Trabajos veraniegos para jóvenes en Chile. A escribir. Estrategia: Writing—Writing from charts and diagrams. Composición: A cover letter or e-mail. Repaso y preparación.
14. ¿TE GUSTARÍA EXPLORAR EL MUNDO?
Temas - 1. Comunidad global. 2. Andorra, Belice, Filipinas, Guinea Ecuatorial, Marruecos.
Comunicación - talk about travel and make travel plans. describe animals and geography. hypothesize and speculate. express doubt, emotion, and reactions about past events.
Vocabulario útil - 1. Travel, the airport, on the airplane. 2. In the hotel. 3. Geography. - Gramática útil - 1. Expressing doubt, emotion, volition, and nonexistence in the past: The imperfect subjunctive. 2. Saying what might happen or could occur: The conditional. 3. Expressing the likelihood that an event will occur: Si clauses with the subjunctive and the indicative. Cultura - 1. Opener Spanish-speaking communities around the world. 2. ¡Fíjate! Indigenous languages of the Spanish-speaking world. 3. Voces de la comunidad. 4. Donato Ndongo-Bidyogo; Professor, writer and journalist. 5. ¡Explora y exprésate! important facts about Andorra, Belice, Filipinas, Guinea Ecuatorial, Marruecos. Countries with large Spanish-speaking communities. Skills - A ver. Estrategia Integrating your viewing strategies. A leer. Estrategia Understanding an author’s point of view. Lectura: “El reencuentro”, Juan Balboa Boneke. A escribir Estrategia Revising-Editing your work. Composición An editing checklist. Repaso y preparación.
Appendix A: KWL Chart R-3.
Appendix B: Repaso y preparacion Answer Keys R-5.
Appendix C: Spanish Verbs R-9.
Appendix D: Maps R-23.
Spanish-English Glossary G-1.
English-Spanish Glossary G-19.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Nexos, 3rd: PowerLecture Instructor Resource CD-ROM
The NEXOS 3e PowerLecture has been completely revamped from the second edition. Three new testing strands have been added to the existing two strands, and new audio has been recorded. The new testing strands are diverse in nature to match the various styles and needs of today's instructors: one strand is highly discrete, another is a blend of discrete and open-ended, and the last is more progressive and integrated in nature. Along with the enhanced testing program, additional, completely new resources have been created to aid professors in supplementing class time and homework. These include robust and highly visual Microsoft PowerPoint® presentations replete with instructional suggestions to assist novice and seasoned professors alike in leading class. Moreover, original info-gap activities have been added to supplement each chapter. Along with this, comprehensive, discrete grammar and vocabulary worksheets have been written to elaborate on concepts learned from each chapter.
Student Activities Manual
This well-designed manual includes independent practice activities, a Workbook ("Cuaderno de práctica") section, a Lab Manual ("Manual de laboratorio") section, extra reading practice, and additional writing instruction and practice.
Student Activities Manual Audio Program
The CDs present listening material that corresponds to the in-text listening activities. For student purchase.
Premium Web Site 3 term (18 month) Instant Access
This new online suite of digital resources makes it easy for your students to access all of the eResources you select using this one-stop online portal. You will find all of the teaching and learning resources from the Companion Website plus all premium digital content for the course in one place. Passkey-protected premium content consists of the SAM Audio Program in mp3 format; the complete three-tier Video Program in mp4 format; the In-Text Audio Program in mp3 format; video grammar tutorials for every grammar topic covered in the text; access to the Multimedia eBook; and interactive multimedia practice activities. In addition, the NEXOS Premium Website offers direct links to a variety of online tutorial services.
Student Activities Manual
A useful resource for helping you do your best in Spanish, the Student Activities Manual includes independent practice activities, a Workbook ("Cuaderno de práctica") section, a Lab Manual ("Manual de laboratorio") section, extra reading practice, and additional writing instruction and practice.
Student Activities Manual Audio Program
The CDs present listening material that corresponds to the in-text listening activities.
Premium Web Site 3 term (18 month) Instant Access
Passkey-protected premium content of this website includes the SAM Audio Program in mp3 format; the complete three-tier Video Program in mp4 format; the In-Text Audio Program in mp3 format; video grammar tutorials for every grammar topic covered in the text; access to the Multimedia eBook; and interactive multimedia practice activities. In addition, the NEXOS Premium Website offers direct links to a variety of online tutorial services.