Request for consultation
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC LEARNING READER: TRAVEL AND TOURISM w/PAC eBOOK is a part of a ground-breaking new series, the National Geographic Learning Reader Series.This series brings learning to life by featuring compelling images, media and text from National Geographic. Through this engaging content, students develop a clearer understanding of the world around them. Published in a variety of subject areas, the National Geographic Learning Reader Series connects key topics to authentic examples and can be used in conjunction with most standard texts or online materials available for your courses. Access to a media enhanced eBook included with each reader. This reader is designed to be used in combination with several core texts in hospitality, travel and tourism. Used as a supplement with two strong brands of National Geographic and Delmar Learning, this reader will bring relevancy, and first-hand accounts from countries around the world.
- Includes a collection of articles relevant to all seven continents.
- Each article has an introduction to provide context for the student as well as focus questions that suggest ideas to think about while reading the selection.
- Rich photography and compelling images are used throughout the reader to further enhance understanding of the selections.
- The chapter culminating section includes discussion questions to stimulate both in-class discussion and out-of-class work.
- Additional resources are available via a media-rich eBook.
2. Kenya Passage.
4. Geography: The Timeless Continent.
5. Buy, Buy Shanghai.
6. Searching for Shangri-la.
7. Caravanning Kiwiland.
8. A Fragile Empire.
9. Paris Underground.
10. Secrets of the Lakes.
11. Circling Alaska in 176 Days.
12. Landscapes of my Father.
13. The Lost World.
14. The Power of Patagonia.
“National Geographic content is stunning, innovative, engaging, captivating, and current. The style of writing brings fascination and excitement to the reader. The quality of all of their resources is outstanding.”
“National Geographic is the perfect balance of readable, understandable science with stunning visual images.”
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
eBook Instant Access Code
To further enhance students’ learning, additional resources are available via a media-rich eBook.
eBook Instant Access Code
Access the reader and additional resources online via a media-rich eBook.