Request for consultation
This completely updated second edition of MICROCONTROLLERS: FROM ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE TO C USING THE PIC24 FAMILY covers assembly language, C programming, and hardware interfacing for the Microchip PIC24 family, a recently updated microcontroller family from Microchip. Hardware interfacing topics include parallel port usage, analog-to-digital conversion, digital-to-analog conversion, the serial peripheral bus (SPI), the inter-integrated circuit bus (I2C), asynchronous serial communication, and timers. Assembly language programming is covered in the context of the PIC24 instruction set, and no initial knowledge of assembly language programming is assumed. Specific hardware interfacing topics covered are parallel IO, analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog conversion, pulse width modulation, timer usage for IO polling, and industry standard serial interface standards. Interfacing examples include external devices such as pushbutton switches, LEDs, serial EEPROMs, liquid crystal displays (LCDs), keypads, rotary encoders, external digital-to-analog converters, DC motors, servos, temperature sensors, and IR receivers. Master the PIC24 family with MICROCONTROLLERS: FROM ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE TO C USING THE PIC24 FAMILY.
- Covers both assembly language and C programming.
- The book's website contains lecture notes, video lectures, homework problems, sample tests, and more.
- All hardware interfacing examples are presented as C language examples, reducing their complexity and emulating real-world applications.
PART 1: DIGITAL LOGIC REVIEW AND COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE FUNDAMENTALS.
1. Number System and Digital Logic Review.
2. The Stored Program Machine.
PART 2: PIC24 ΜC ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE PROGRAMMING.
3. Introduction to the PIC24 Microcontroller Family.
4. Unsigned 8/16-bit Arithmetic, Logical, Conditional Operations.
5. Extended Precision and Signed Data Operations.
6. Pointers and Subroutines.
PART 3: PIC24 ΜC INTERFACING USING THE C LANGUAGE.
7. The PIC24EPJ256GP202: System Startup and Parallel Port I/O.
8. Interrupts and a First Look at Timers.
9. Asynchronous and Synchronous Serial I/O.
10. Data Conversion.
12. Advanced Hardware Topics.
13. Operating Systems for Embedded Systems.
Appendix A: PIC24 Architecture and Instruction Set Summary.
Appendix B: Circuits 001.
Appendix C: References.
Appendix D: Problem Solutions.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.