Request for consultation
Welding: Skills, Processes, and Practices for Entry-Level Welders is an exciting new series that has been designed specifically to support the American Welding Society’s (AWS) SENSE EG2.0 training guidelines. Offered in three volumes, these books are carefully crafted learning tools consisting of theory-based texts that are accompanied by companion lab manuals, and extensive instructor support materials. With a logical organization that closely follows the modular structure of the AWS guidelines, the series will guide readers through the process of acquiring and practicing welding knowledge and skills. For schools already in the SENSE program, or for those planning to join, Welding: Skills, Processes, and Practices for Entry-Level Welders offers a turnkey solution of high quality teaching and learning aids.
- Produced in close collaboration with experienced instructors from established SENSE programs to maximize the alignment of the content with SENSE guidelines
- Assists learners to produce workmanship samples that meet AWS’s specifications for welder performance qualification.
- Hundreds of four-color figures, diagrams and tight shots of actual welds guide beginners to an understanding of the most widely used welding processes
- Coverage of Key Indicators from AWS is indicated in the margin by a torch symbol and a numerical reference.
- Instructor resource CD-ROM provides a turnkey solution, including answers to review questions, a helpful set of customizable model lesson plans, a dynamic computerized test bank with hundreds of test questions, PowerPoint presentations, and an image library featuring high quality photos from the text to help customize PowerPoint slides
2. Safety in Welding.
3. Drawing & Welding Symbol Interpretation and Fabrication.
5. Welding Codes, Standards, and Cost.
6. Flame Cutting
7. Plasma Arc Cutting.
8. Related Cutting Processes.
9. Testing and Inspection of Welds.
10. Welder Certification.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources CD contains answers to the end of chapter review questions and an Image Gallery containing images from the text.