Request for consultation
MARKETING STRATEGY 6th edition emphasizes teaching students to think and act like marketers. It presents strategy from a perspective that guides strategic marketing management in the social, economic, and technological arenas in which businesses function today--helping students develop a customer-oriented market strategy and market plan. Its practical approach to analyzing, planning, and implementing marketing strategies is based on the creative process involved in applying marketing concepts to the development and implementation of marketing strategy. An emphasis on critical thinking enables students to understand the essence of how marketing decisions fit together to create a coherent strategy. Well-grounded in developing and executing a marketing plan, the text offers a complete planning framework, thorough marketing plan worksheets, and a comprehensive marketing plan example for students to follow. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Updated content: This edition has been thoroughly updated and revised with expanded coverage throughout the text of recent events in marketing practice by well-known global companies.
- Cases: Eight cases are new to this edition, detailing current and relevant topics and companies, including: Netflix, Wyndham, Apple, and Chevrolet. The remaining cases have been fully updated to include the most current information.
- InfoTrac® Student Collections are specialized databases expertly drawn from the Gale Academic One library. Each InfoTrac® Student Collection enhances the student learning experience in the specific course area related to the product. These specialized databases allow access to hundreds of scholarly and popular publications - all reliable sources - including journals, encyclopedias, and academic reports. Learn more and access at: http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Length: This edition has been shortened from 12 to 10 chapters, with a better integration of marketing program elements throughout and a separate chapter on branding/positioning.
- Versions: Two distinct versions are available this edition: One that includes the text and cases and one that is text-only for use with a separate simulation or case materials.
- Real-World Emphasis: The goal of MARKETING STRATEGY is to encourage students to think and act like a marketer. By discussing the key concepts and tools of marketing strategy, the text's emphasis on critical thinking--both analytical and creative--allows students to understand the essence of how marketing decisions fit together to create an effective, coherent strategy.
- There is a focus on the strategic planning process and the writing of a marketing plan.
- Cases are shorter and focus on strategic issues rather than number crunching.
- This edition is now a concise 10 chapters in length, making it easily teachable within a one semester course.
- There are two distinct versions available for this edition: A text and cases version and a text-only version, which can be used with a separate simulation or supplemented by instructors' own case materials.
- A continued user-friendly writing style covers essential points without heavy use of jargon.
1. Marketing in Today's Economy.
2. Strategic Marketing Planning.
Part 2: DISCOVERING MARKET OPPORTUNITIES.
3. Collecting and Analyzing Marketing Information.
4. Developing Competitive Advantage and Strategic Focus.
Part 3: DEVELOPING MARKETING STRATEGY.
5. Customers, Segmentation, and Target Marketing.
6. The Marketing Program.
7. Branding and Positioning.
Part 4: PUTTING STRATEGY INTO ACTION.
8. Ethics and Social Responsibility in Marketing Strategy.
9. Marketing Implementation and Control.
10. Developing and Maintaining Long-Term Customer Relationships.
Part 5: CASES.
1. USA Today: Innovation in an Evolving Industry.
2. Apple’s Winning Marketing Strategy.
3. Monsanto Balances the Interests of Multiple Stakeholders.
4. New Belgium Brewing (A): Gaining Competitive Advantage Through Socially Responsible Marketing.
5. New Belgium Brewing (B): Developing a Brand Personality.
6. Mattel Confronts Its Marketing Challenges.
7. Mistine: Direct Selling in the Thai Cosmetics Market.
8. BP Struggles to Repair Its Tarnished Reputation
9. Chevrolet: 100 Years of Product Innovation.
10. Wyndham Worldwide Adopts a Stakeholder Orientation Marketing Strategy.
11. NASCAR: Can’t Keep a Good Brand Down.
12. IndyCar: Seeking a Return to Motorsports’ Fast Lane.
13. Zappos: Delivering Happiness.
14. Sigma Marketing: Strategic Marketing Adaptation.
15. Netflix Fights to Stay Ahead of a Rapidly Changing Market.
16. Gillette: Why Innovation May Not Be Enough.
17. IKEA Slowly Expands Its U.S. Market Presence.
18. IVEY: Sushilicious: Standing Out in a Crowded Field.
19. IVEY: Trouble Brews at Starbucks.
20. IVEY: Groupon
Part 6: TOOLS FOR DEVELOPING A MARKETING PLAN.
Appendix A: Marketing Plan Worksheets.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
For your convenience, the IRCD includes the Instructor's Manual, the ExamView Test Bank, and the PowerPoint® slides in one easily accessible resource. Extra resources include sample syllabi, and an electronic version of the Marketing Plan Worksheets that appear in Appendix A of the text.