Request for consultation
The definitive market leader and authoritative educational reference, MANAGING FOR QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE, 10e delivers unmatched coverage and insightful comparisons that guide students through the intricacies of quality management. Built upon the strength and proven experience of well-known authors and examiners for the Malcolm Baldrige Award, this text presents the fundamental principles and historical foundations of total quality with an emphasis on high-performance management practices. It offers unrivaled coverage of ISO 9000 certification standards, Six Sigma, and the U.S. Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award standards. A wealth of firsthand, current examples from leading organizations emphasize the practical aspects of the book’s managerial focus as well as the technical topics that students are learning. Coverage of most of the Body of Knowledge required for ASQ certification helps you effectively prepare students to become Certified Quality Managers.
- The tenth edition of MANAGING FOR QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE continues to embrace the fundamental principles, criteria, and historical foundations of total quality, while providing a foundation for understanding and applying technical tools and performance excellence from an enterprise perspective. All chapters have been carefully updated to provide the most current coverage available.
- Two new Excel templates for the Taguchi loss function and system reliability calculations have been added to facilitate problem solving.
- Several Quality Profiles and Quality in Practice cases have been replaced with more recent and relevant material that emphasizes the importance of quality in the global economy.
- Reflecting the latest challenges and practices from the field, twelve new cases have been added and approximately one-third of the numerical end-of-chapter problems have been revised -- giving students hands-on practice applying chapter concepts to current real-world situations.
- Providing students with an assortment of hands-on applications, “Bonus Materials” are available on the student companion website and include additional cases, summaries of key points and terminology, supplementary topics, and added cases and Quality in Practice features.
- The text’s comprehensive coverage includes most of the body of knowledge (BOK) required for ASQ certification as a Certified Quality Manager.
Part I: PRINCIPLES OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT.
1. Introduction to Quality.
2. Foundations of Quality Management.
3. Customer Focus.
4. Workforce Focus.
5. Process Focus.
Part II: TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES FOR QUALITY.
6. Statistical Methods in Quality Management.
7. Design for Quality and Product Excellence.
8. Measuring and Controlling Quality.
9. Process Improvement and Six Sigma.
Part III: BEYOND QUALITY MANAGEMENT: MANAGING FOR PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE.
10. The Baldrige Framework for Performance Excellence.
11. Strategy and Performance Excellence.
12. Measurement and Knowledge Management for Performance Excellence.
13. Leadership for Performance Excellence.
14. Building and Sustaining Quality and Performance Excellence.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
This website provides a variety of resources to help students review for class, including chapter outlines, glossaries, flashcards, and learning objectives.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.