Request for consultation
Drawing from the latest developments and practices from the field, MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS, 7e combines a wealth of case studies and real-world examples to deliver the ideal resource for upper-level business students and MBA students. Popular with students and instructors alike, the text continues to provide a clear emphasis on the business and management elements of information technology. The new edition offers the most current coverage available, including expanded discussions of social networking, IT security, mobile computing, and much more. From overviews of the information age to online business and business intelligence, readers gain a sound balance of the technical and business elements of information technology. In addition, numerous business cases integrated throughout the text enable students to apply what they learn to real-world practice--equipping them with skills they can immediately put into action in the business world.
- Thoroughly revised and updated, MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS, 7e offers the most current coverage available. All examples, illustrations, boxed features, and references are completely up to date.
- Extensive new coverage is given to emerging and expanding issues such as social networking, IT security, and mobile computing.
- A brand-new case scenario gives students the opportunity to integrate business IT principles, view IS issues in action, and to solve business problems related to IT just as they arise in the real world. The running case approach shows students how the full range of business functions operate while gaining an in-depth knowledge of a specific business.
- MANAGEMENT INFORMATIONS SYSTEMS, 7e incorporates more applications, cases, and projects in the full range of business functions and industries throughout.
- Responding to instructors’ enthusiastic reception of Points of Interest, a wealth of updated sidebar statistics, anecdotes, and short stories were added to this edition which add an interesting and entertaining aspect to the main chapter text.
- Also available with the exciting new Seventh Edition, SAM 2013 gets your students workplace-ready. The market-leading proficiency-based assessment and training solution for Microsoft Office 2013 provides an active, hands-on environment that helps students master Microsoft Office skills and computer concepts that are essential to academic and career success, delivering the most comprehensive online learning solution for your course.
- Emphasis on networked businesses and strategic uses of information technologies prepares students for professional careers.
- Offering a wealth of resources, the Instructor's Manual was developed by the author so that it correlates directly with the book, allowing instructors to spend less time preparing teaching notes.
- Business cases included in part and chapter openers, throughout each chapter, and at the end of every chapter give students plenty of experience applying chapter concepts to real-world practice.
- Detailed illustrations clarify the book's more complex concepts, ensuring students have a thorough understanding as they progress through the book.
- Featured in every chapter, Ethical and Societal Issues equip readers with professional skills as well as responsible and ethical methods for using those skills.
- Numerous current and relevant real-world examples give students insight into a wide variety of businesses.
- New and updated end-of-chapter Real Cases include critical thinking questions to help students apply what they learn to real-world scenarios.
- Chapters close with review and discussion questions that reinforce key information and help students maximize their study time.
1. Business Information Systems: An Overview.
2. Strategic Uses of Information Systems.
3. Business Functions and Supply Chains.
Part II: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
4. Business Hardware.
5. Business Software.
6. Business Networks and Telecommunications.
7. Databases and Data Warehouses.
Part III: WEB-ENABLED COMMERCE.
8. The Web-enabled Enterprise.
9. Challenges of Global Information Systems.
Part IV: DECISION SUPPORT AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE.
10. Decision Support and Expert Systems.
11. Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management.
Part V: PLANNING, ACQUISITION, AND CONTROLS.
12. Systems Planning and Development.
13. Choices in Systems Acquisitions.
14. Risks, Security, and Disaster Recovery.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access