Request for consultation
Veterinary Anatomy & Physiology: A Clinical Laboratory Manual, 2E is designed as a lab manual for your veterinary technology and pre-veterinary medicine students who possess a basic knowledge of biology. It is the only comparative veterinary anatomy and physiology manual that covers cat dissection, sheep heart, brain and eye, and the pig's kidney. Veterinary Anatomy & Physiology: A Clinical Laboratory Manual, 2E also covers the muscular, digestive, respiratory, cardiovascular, urinary, reproductive, endocrine and nervous systems, as well as the skeletal anatomy of many species and the histology of tissues, with an all new chapter on necropsy. This book's introduction to laboratory equipment and techniques will prepare your students for lab work. Each chapter includes a physiology experiment to help illustrate for your students some of the principles of physiology covered in the lecture portions of the course instruction.
- Contains a new chapter on Necropsy which includes safety, antemortem and postmortem record keeping, methodology in performing a necropsy which includes numerous photographs, antemortem and postmortem collection methods and methods on submitting tumors for histopathology and forensics.
- Includes full color photos which allow students to better see the detail in the dissection and necropsy photos.
- Drawings are replaced with color photomicrographs of histology slides that still retain the figures of how an idealized tissue sample should appear.
- End-of –chapter review questions have been added, with answers to these questions in the Instructor's Manual in a form that can be photocopied and posted or given to your students.
- Includes comparative anatomy and physiology information that helps students with species differentiation.
- Includes extensive photos and illustrations that depict parts and tissues as they might look, and as they are supposed to appear.
- Contains proper jargon and vocabulary that help students learn to communicate using the appropriate and correct veterinary anatomical terminology.
- Includes lab experiments that help correlate the anatomy with the physiology, as well as teach the principles of physiology.
- Includes a day-in-the-life of the author as a veterinarian to provide students with real-life examples of chapter content.
2. The Use of the Microscope.
3. Cellular Anatomy & Morphology.
4. General Principles of Histology.
5. Microscopic Anatomy of Tissues.
6. The Integumentary System.
7. The Skeletal System.
8. The Muscular System.
9. The Digestive System.
10. The Respiratory System.
11. The Cardiovascular System.
12. The Urinary System.
13. The Endocrine System.
14. The Genital System.
15. The Nervous System.
16. Organs of Special Sense.