Request for consultation
PRACTICAL PROBLEMS IN MATHEMATICS FOR ELECTRICIANS, 9E will give your students the math skills they need to succeed in the electrical trade. It introduces them to the important math principles through problems designed for the electrical profession and offers them an excellent opportunity to develop and practice problem-solving skills while at the same time providing a valuable review of electrical terminology. This new edition uses the same straightforward writing style and simple, step-by-step explanations that made previous editions so reader-friendly. It minimizes theory and emphasizes problem-solving techniques and practice problems. This new edition also includes updated illustrations and information for a better learning experience than ever before! The book begins with basic arithmetic and then, once these basic topics have been mastered, progresses to algebra and concludes with trigonometry. Practical problems with real-world scenarios from the electrical field are used throughout, allowing your students to apply key mathematical concepts while developing an awareness of basic electrical terms and practices. This is the perfect resource for students entering the electrical industry, or those simply looking to brush up on the necessary math.
- This edition's three-dimensional enhanced illustrations help students clearly visualize how key mathematical concepts apply to the trade.
- To maximize the tools available on the job, new detailed coverage of calculator usage for solving problems has been added throughout the text as applicable.
- This edition's enhanced; numerous diagrams, charts, and other illustrations offer more dimensional images to help students more clearly visualize how key math concepts apply to the trade.
- Multi-step word problems encourage your students to apply what they have learned, allowing them to be active participants in the learning process.
- Proven, effective step-by-step examples throughout this edition encourage students to follow each procedure closely, ensuring their comprehension as they progress throughout the text.
2. Subtraction of Whole Numbers.
3. Multiplication of Whole Numbers.
4. Division of Whole Numbers.
5. Combined Operations with Whole Numbers.
6. Addition of Common Fractions.
7. Subtraction of Common Fractions.
8. Multiplication of Common Fractions.
9. Division of Common Fractions.
10. Combined Operations with Common Fractions.
11. Addition of Decimal Fractions.
12. Subtractions of Decimal Fractions.
13. Multiplications of Decimal Fractions.
14. Division of Decimal Fractions.
15. Decimal and Common Fraction Equivalents.
16. Combined Operations with Decimal Fractions.
17. Percent and Percentage
20. Averages and Estimates.
21. Combined Problems on Percents, Averages, and Estimates.
24. Combined Operations with Powers and Roots.
25. Metric Measure and Scientific Notation.
26. Length Measure.
27. Area Measure.
28. Volume and Mass Measure.
29. Energy and Temperature Measure.
30. Combined Problems on Measure.
33. Combined Operations with Ratio And Proportion.
34. Representations in Formulas.
35. Rearrangement in Formulas.
36. General Simple Formulas.
37. Ohms Law Formulas.
38. Power Formulas.
39. Combined Problems on Formulas.
40. Right Triangles.
41. Trigonometric Functions.
42. Plane Vectors
43. Rotating Vectors.
44. Combined Problems in Trigonometry.
45. Number Systems.