Request for consultation
Easy to read and understand, MOTOR CONTROL FUNDAMENTALS, 1st Edition builds the foundation of knowledge electricians need to work with AC Induction Motors, the most common type of motor encountered in the field. Focusing on basic, single-phase, and three-phase induction motor theory and operation, the book outlines common motor control circuit schemes, and demonstrates how to read, interpret, and document motor control circuit diagrams. Readers also build essential skills with practice circuits by connecting motor control circuit components from ladder diagrams.
- Written by a Master Electrician in an easy-to-understand format, MOTOR CONTROL FUNDAMENTALS speaks the language of the trade without overwhelming new learners with extraneous, advanced content.
- A stepping-stone to more complex electrical topics, this text prepares construction electricians with a solid foundation in the key electrical principles they are likely to encounter in the industry.
- Short enough for a single course; the book thoroughly addresses AC motors, motor theory, and motor control circuits--at a far more reasonable price than others on the market.
- Covers the areas essential to today's electricians, such as Electric Motor Magnetic Theory, Motor Nameplates, Solenoids, Overload Units, Motor Control Circuit Ladder Diagrams, and VFDs, as well as the latest tools and equipment.
- A perfect jobsite resource, this text reinforces concepts with practice labs developed for even the simplest motors lab settings.
2. Induction Motor Overview.
3. Three-Phase Motor Theory.
4. Single-Phase Induction Motors.
5. Induction Motor Electrical Connections.
6. Motor Nameplates.
7. Magnetic Relays and Contactors.
8. Overload Units.
9. Magnetic Motor Starters.
10. Motor Starter Circuits.
11. Motor Control Circuit Ladder Diagram Documentation.
12. Two-Wire Motor Control.
13. Three-Wire Motor Control.
14. Control Circuits.