Request for consultation
Help your students master the Microsoft® Excel 2016 skills essential for success in today’s medical office or health-related career with the dynamic new ILLUSTRATED MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 and EXCEL 2016 FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. This reader-friendly book introduces key skills within Microsoft® Excel 2016 using a best-selling step-by-step format and visually driven approach. Students examine actual medical examples and complete timely projects. An intriguing case study drawn from today’s medical industry further prepares your students to meet contemporary medical office challenges. Both beginning and experienced students will benefit from the book’s straightforward approach. ILLUSTRATED MICROSOFT® EXCEL 2016 FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS ensures your students have the Excel skills necessary to support the front or back office of a clinic, hospital, or medical practice with great success.
- COMPREHENSIVE UPDATES REFLECT THE LATEST FEATURES AND ENHANCEMENTS THROUGHOUT MICROSOFT® OFFICE 2016. Your students gain a solid understanding of the very latest Microsoft® Office and Excel 2016 fundamental skills to apply to work or school assignments.
- NEW PRODUCTIVITY APPS FOR SCHOOL AND WORK MODULE PROVIDE AN ENGAGING VISUAL INTRODUCTION. These helpful, easy-to-use apps by technology author Corinne Hoisington visually guide students through using Microsoft® OneNote, Sway, Office Mix and Edge. Companion Sways provide videos and step-by-step instructions to help students master each app.
- REFRESHED DATA AND SOLUTION FILES REFLECT CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGES AND OFFER TIMELY ANSWERS. All end-of-module exercises are now updated with new, contemporary data and reliable solution files.
- TIMELY EXAMPLES AND EXERCISES RELATE SPECIFICALLY TO TODAY’S MEDICAL FIELD. Students work with examples and end-of-module exercises that are distinct to the medical field. Exercises depict real administrative tasks and challenges that students are likely to encounter in a contemporary medical office, hospital or clinic work setting.
- COMPREHENSIVE EXERCISES OFFER INCREASING DIFFICULTY TO REINFORCE CRITICAL SKILLS. This edition’s comprehensive and applied end-of-module exercises increase in level of difficulty as students progress through the book. This enables students to build confidence before tackling more challenging tasks.
- REALISTIC MEDICAL CASE STUDY OFFERS PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE. Students work through an ongoing case study based on a realistic outpatient medical facility, Riverwalk Medical Clinic. Students use the skills they’ve learned as they work with the facility’s family doctors, specialists, nurses and support staff.
- DISTINCTIVE TWO-PAGE PRESENTATION FORMAT ENABLES STUDENTS TO MASTER A SINGLE CONCEPT AT A TIME. This book’s unique two-page spread provides step-by-step instructions on the left page and oversized, clear screen illustrations on the right page. Advanced students can quickly review familiar skills before moving ahead, while beginners are able to master one skill at a time with no confusion.
- ADVANCED CHALLENGE EXERCISES PROVIDE MORE COMPLEX PRACTICE. Optional Advanced Challenge Exercises at the end of each module let your experienced students practice the more complex skills covered in the lessons.
Office Module 1. Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2016.
Excel Module 1. Getting Started with Excel 2016.
Excel Module 2. Working with Formulas and Functions.
Excel Module 3. Formatting a Worksheet.
Excel Module 4. Working with Charts.
Excel Module 5. Analyzing Data Using Formulas.
Excel Module 6. Managing Workbook Data.
Excel Module 7. Managing Data Using Tables.
Excel Module 8. Analyzing Table Data.
Glossary (Online only).
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.