Request for consultation
ICD-10-CM DIAGNOSTIC CODING SYSTEM fully prepares current and future medical coders for the transition to the ICD-10-CM coding system that will go into effect on October 1, 2013. This comprehensive guide covers ICD-10-CM diagnostic coding, highlighting changes in terminology, functionality, guidelines, and conventions. Whether you need to understand and review the impact the transition will have on the industry, or if you need to learn to assign ICD-10 codes accurately, ICD-10-CM DIAGNOSTIC CODING SYSTEM will prepare your students for the road ahead.
- Clear, concise analysis of terminology, structure, conventions, layout, guidelines, and instructional notes for the ICD-10-CM diagnostic coding system.
- Key Terms and Definitions assist students in learning technical vocabulary.
- Practice Exercises reinforce the presented content.
- Chapter Summary encapsulates the chapter content so that students can review to make sure they understand all covered concepts.
- Chapter Review features multiple choice, matching, short answer, and coding practice questions to allow for mastery of covered concepts in a given chapter.
- Includes guidelines for using the General Equivalency Mappings (GEMs) to transition from the ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM.
- Instructor support materials include test bank, presentations in PowerPoint™, Instructor's Manual, WebTutor™ course management system, and more.
- StudyWare™ and 59-day trial of Ingenix EncoderPro.com—Expert included.
2. HIPAA, ARRA/HITECH, 5010 Transactions & Code Sets.
3. General Equivalency Mapping (GEMS) /MS-DRG Conversion ICD-9 to ICD-10.
4. ICD-10-CM Layout, Conventions and General Guidelines
5. The Diagnostic Coding Process using ICD-10-CM.
6. ICD-10-CM: Coding by Body System, Chapters 1-4.
7. ICD-10-CM: Coding by Body System, Chapters 6-9.
8. ICD-10-CM: Coding by Body System, Chapters 10-14.
9. ICD-10-CM: Coding by Body System, Chapters 15-17.
10. ICD-10-CM: Coding by Body System, Chapters 18-21.
11. Implementation Strategy, Assessment & Planning.
CMS ICD-10-CM Fact Sheets.
ICD-9 to ICD-10 General Equivalency Mapping (GEMS) and Instructions.
ICD-10 ASC X12 Transaction Conversion Maps (4010A to 5010).
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources commonly includes PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.
The instructor's Manual serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips, sample course syllabi, answers to textbook exercises, learning objectives, and additional chapter exams.
The student workbook is designed to help the user retain key chapter content. This resource includes additional chapter exercises to reinforce application of concepts.The student workbook is designed to help the user retain key chapter content. This resource includes additional chapter exercises to reinforce application of concepts.
Premium Website Instant Access Code