Request for consultation
Starting a career in the health care industry has never been easier than with HOW TO GET A JOB IN HEALTH CARE, 2nd Edition. The ideal reference tool for first-time job seekers or those just entering the health care industry, the book provides instruction and preparation activities for every step of the employment cycle, including job research, writing resumes, completing applications, and preparing for interviews. Readers also learn how to start and keep a job in health care, leave a job with grace, and secure references. A great resource for entering any health care profession, this handy guide provides sample documents, templates, worksheets, and activities to help students prepare for their careers. Accompanying software includes a Resume Generator as well as sample and supporting documents related to cover letters, various formats and types of resumes, job offer evaluations, job exit conversations, and much more.
- Updated Reference Materials: New and updated examples of employment documents, including four resume styles, two employment applications, and letters covering several situations including resume cover letters and thank you notes, help readers construct their own versions for use before and after landing a job!
- Interactive Software: Newly expanded, the StudyWARE software contains a Resume Generator, sample and supporting documents related to all aspects of job searches, photo galleries, video clips demonstrating what to do/what not to do in obtaining a job, and assessment quizzes to help reiterate key points from every step in the book.
- How to Start and Keep a Job: A new step and activity focus on how to start a health care job and be successful in a new career.
- Current Online Research: Readers will increase their interview success with the latest online resources, including proven websites for health care jobs, instructions for O*Net OnLine, and pre-interview research strategies that work.
- New Full Color Art and Design: Over 40 full color photographs provide examples of appropriate dress and professional etiquette. A new full color design enhances the pedgagogy of the text to make information readable and approachable for today's tech-savvy student. Perforated activity pages allow students to complete exercises in class and take them with them for reference.
- Streamlined Instructor Prep: The Instructor Resources include an Instructor's Manual that offers suggestions for incorporating material into an established curriculum and includes ready-to-use visual aids and instructor slides for class lectures.
- Helpful Resume Generator: The accompanying Health care Resume Generator software gives readers the leg up they need to produce professional-looking resumes and letters with ease.
- Unique Techniques: Readers set themselves apart from the masses with stellar advice about professional business cards, positive thank-you notes, and an emphatic 30-second pitch.
- Graceful Exits: Readers will leave jobs maturely and on good terms with the book's guidance on employment references, resignation letters, and exit interviews.
- Career Advancement Advice: HOW TO GET A JOB IN HEALTH CARE, 2nd Edition delivers helpful how-to's for starting a new job, acing a performance review, and moving ahead with your employer, as well as advice about positive personal qualities and how to use them on the job.
SECTION I: GETTING AND STARTING A JOB IN HEALTH CARE.
Health care Resume. Health care Cover Letter. Health care Employment Application.
Finding and Researching a Health care Job and Facility. How to Prepare for a Health care Interview. During the Health care Interview. After the Health care Interview.
How to Start a Health care Job.
SECTION II: LEAVING A HEALTH CARE JOB…GRACEFULLY.
Questions to Consider Before Leaving a Health care Job. The Best Way to Leave a Health care Job. Health care Reference Letter.
SECTION III: GETTING, STARTING, AND LEAVING A JOB IN HEALTH CARE ACTIVITIES.
Checklist of Employment Power Words and Phrases. Writing Health care Job Objectives. Constructing a Health care Resume. Standard Resume. Chronological Resume. Functional Resume. Combination Resume. Constructing a Health care Reference List. Writing a Health care Cover Letter. Completing a Health care Employment Application. Finding Health care Job Leads. Researching a Health care Facility. Answering Interview Questions and Practice Interview Evaluation Form.
Health care Case Study Questions. Preparing a Health care Post-Interview Letter.
Identifying Health care Personal Qualities. Health care Case Study: Decision Time.
Writing a Health care Resignation Letter. Health care Exit Conversation.
Constructing a Health care Reference Letter.
SECTION IV: HOW TO USE THE RESGEN STUDYWARE SOFTWARE.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources commonly include PowerPoint® presentations for each core textbook chapter, an Instructor's Manual with instructional strategies and visual aids, Videos, and other text-specific resources.
Premium Web Site Instant Access Code
The Premium Website is a password-protected Student Companion Site that provides an online version of the StudyWARE with ResGen software that is found in the back of the print product.
Premium Web Site Instant Access Code