Request for consultation
Help your students examine two of the most prominent operating systems -- Windows 10 and Linux CentOS 7 -- in parallel with the unique approach within GUIDE TO PARALLEL OPERATING SYSTEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 AND LINUX, 3E. Rather than using a compare and contrast model, the book first presents each topic conceptually and then demonstrates it simultaneously on both operating systems. Readers are able to switch instantly between Windows 10 and Linux CentOS 7 to complete a myriad of hands-on activities that reinforce the similarities between the two operating systems for each conceptual task. The book’s virtualization approach provides you, the instructor, with complete flexibility while enabling learners to use Microsoft® Hyper-V Client, Oracle® VirtualBox, or VMWare Workstation. This comprehensive guide helps your students develop the competencies they need in Windows 10 and Linux to maximize their success both in today's classroom as well as in tomorrow’s business environment.
- NEW MATERIAL ADDRESSES THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN THE FIELD. Readers examine new tools, such as Windows PowerShell including the PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) PowerShell cmdlets and scripting. This information is particularly beneficial to students studying for Microsoft® Server exams.
- BOOK BLENDS A PROVEN APPROACH WITH CURRENT UPDATES. You are able to present the most recent updates for all topics that this edition addresses as well as details for maximizing the use of the latest operating systems: Windows 10 and Linux CentOS 7.
- EXTREMELY VERSATILE APPROACHSUPPORTS ORACLE® VIRTUALBOX VIRTUALIZATION. Students learn to use this most popular cross-platform virtualization software that enables them to run multiple operating systems for Windows, Linux, or MacBook pro.
- INCREASED EMPHASIS HIGHLIGHTS THE DEGREE OF PARALLELISM BETWEEN WINDOWS 10 AND CENTOS 7. Students gain even more hands-on practice with a variety of hands-on, skill-building activities.
- EXPANDED AUTHOR TEAM WEAVES DIVERSITY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND PRACTICAL SUCCESS INTO THIS EDITION. This edition incorporates an even greater wealth of professional insight as the author team has expanded to include top-of-the-field professionals who work with Windows and Linux on a daily basis.
- EXPANDED AUTHOR TEAM WEAVES DIVERSITY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND PRACTICAL SUCCESS INTO THIS EDITION. This edition incorporates a wealth of professional insights as the author team to include top-of-the-field professionals who work with Windows and Linux on a daily basis.
- UNIQUE HANDS-ON APPROACH EQUIPS READERS WITH CRITICAL, HANDS-ON SKILLS AND STRONG CONCEPTUAL UNDERSTANDING. With this book’s thorough, unique approach, your students quickly master the knowledge required to work with the Windows 10 and Linux operating systems simultaneously.
- UNIQUE VENDOR-NEUTRAL VIRTUALIZATION APPROACH PROVIDES MAXIMUM FLEXIBILITY. Your students can use Microsoft® Hyper-V Client, Oracle VirtualBox, or VMWare Workstation while working with this edition, which provides you with maximum flexibility.
- HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES AND CASE PROJECTS INCORPORATE REAL-WORLD EXPERIENCES. The authors strive to make the book’s coverage realistic and meaningful beyond simply presenting a list of technical features. In addition to insightful content, meaningful Review Questions test readers' understanding of the book’s critical information.
- APPENDICES SUPPORT MICROSOFT® HYPER-V CLIENT, ORACLE VIRTUALBOX, OR VMWARE WORKSTATION. These helpful appendices further your flexibility to incorporate the approach that’s best for your students and your course.
2. Software Components.
3. Graphical User Interface.
4. Installing and Configuring Applications.
5. File Systems.
6. Directory Commands.
7. Files and File Attributes.
8. The Command Line.
9. Text Editors.
10. Scripting in Windows 10 and CentOS 7.
11. Local Network Access.
12. Operating System Management.
Appendix A: Number Systems and Data Representation.
Appendix B: Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization.
Appendix C: Oracle Virtual Box.
Appendix D: VMWare Workstation.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.