Request for consultation
GENERALIST SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE: INTERVENTION METHODS provides students with the introductory knowledge and skills needed to work with individuals, families, groups, communities, and organizations. Walsh's text targets undergraduate students with its brevity and experiential/applied approach, although its focus on concrete skills development will appeal to selected masters level programs.
- GENERALIST SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE: INTERVENTION METHODS offers instructors a concise presentation that covers all Council for Social Work Education required topics and focuses on concrete intervention methods.
- The author takes an applied approach (cases and exercises) within an integrative conceptual framework.
- The four parts of the text clearly present tools for developing necessary skills for effective generalist social work practice: knowledge of theories communication and assessment skills, ability to apply skills to each level of intervention (individuals, families, groups, agencies, communities), and professional development.
- Every chapter ends with a Summary, Topics for Discussion, and Assignment Ideas, making the text ideal for undergraduate study.
1. Defining Generalist Practice.
2. Problem Solving in Generalist Social Work Practice.
3. Relationships with Client Systems.
4. The "Person" of the Generalist Practitioner.
Part II: INTERVENTION THEORIES AND APPLICATIONS.
5. Behavior Theory.
6. Cognitive Theory.
7. Community and Social Support Theory.
Part III: INTERVENTION METHODS FOR LEVELS OF PRACTICE.
8. Practice with Individuals.
9. Practice with Families.
10. Group Interventions.
11. Organizational Practice.
12. Community Interventions.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
eBank Instructor's Manual with Test Bank
The Instructor's Manual with Test Bank is available electronically via e-mail by contacting the Academic Resource Center at 1-800-423-0563. The Instructor's Resources without test items is available on the companion Website at academic.cengage.com/socialwork/walsh.