Request for consultation
BEGINNING JAVA SE 6 GAME PROGRAMMING, THIRD EDITION is perfect for beginner level game programmers with some Java experience who want to quickly and easily learn how to create games using the latest version of the Java SDK, Java 6. Written in simple language, the book teaches each new skill using engaging tutorials in which you'll write short programs that demonstrate the topics being covered to reinforce what you've just learned. Each chapter builds upon the previous ones, allowing you to repeat and practice the techniques covered. You'll begin with the basics of writing a simple game using vector graphics, move on to utilizing Java's advanced library to add animation and sound effects, and end by creating a professional, sprite-based game full of interesting artwork and details that you can share with others on the web. And you'll be able to use the skills and techniques you've learned to create your own games to play and share. All you need to get started is a basic understanding of Java and your imagination!
- Teaches students how to quickly and easily professional looking sprite-based games.
- Uses the latest Java SDK, Java 6.
- Written in simple and accessible language with engaging tutorials to teach new skills.
PART I: JAVA FOR BEGINNERS.
1. Getting Started with Java.
2. Java Programming Essentials.
3. Creating Your First Java Game.
PART II: JAVA GAME PROGRAMMING.
4. Vector-Based Graphics.
5. Bitmap-Based Graphics.
6. Simple Sprites.
7. Sprite Animation.
8. Keyboard and Mouse Input.
9. Sound Effects and Music.
10. Timing and the Game Loop.
PART III: The Galactic War Project.
11. Galactic War: From Vectors to Bitmaps.
12. Galactic War: Sprites and Collision Boxes.
13. Galactic War: Squashed by Space Rocks.
14. Galactic War: Entity Management.
15. Galactic War: Finishing the Game.
16. Galactic War: Web Development.
Appendix: Chapter Quiz Answers.