Request for consultation
From a leading authority in the design-build movement, this practical, multi-disciplinary guide brings you all of the fundamentals that constructors, architects, and engineers must understand in order to mitigate risks, optimize results, and be successful in the design-build arena. Design-Build Essentials is truly a design-builder's resource, addressing the unique integration of both design and construction functions by featuring input from all of the various players associated with delivering a design-build project. Opening with an introduction to the industry and fundamental distinctions of design-build, the book progresses to cover managing the design-build process, the integrated design build team, and concludes with a look at the future of the industry.
- Clear, straightforward, conversational writing style keeps readers engaged, while instilling need-to-know essentials of design-build.
- Case studies and real project examples from the top design-builders in the US offer insight into the real-world challenges and unique solutions associated with design-build project delivery.
- Industry Quotes from contractors, architects, engineers, and owners add credibility and currency to the book from an industry perspective.
- Mentoring Moments from recent college graduates working in the design-build environment provide a clear and direct link between theory and real-world experience.
- Take Away Tips provide practical advice that can be incorporated into design-build practice immediately.
2. Planning, Designing, and Constructing Projects.
3. Fundamental Characteristics of Design-Build.
4. Buying Design-Build Services.
5. Getting Ready to Compete.
6. Developing Design-Build Estimates.
7. Managing the Design-Build Process.
8. The Design-Build Team.
9. Implications for the Future.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Guide serve as an instructional resource and provides answers to the end of chapter questions.
The Instructor Resources CD-ROM is an instructor resource which commonly includes PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor’s Manual, and other text-specific resources.