Request for consultation
There is no better introduction to premises cabling, its components, and its varieties than this basic yet technically accurate presentation of structured cabling systems for both business and home. Now in its Third Edition, Premises Cabling has been updated and revised to reflect the latest developments in the industry, such as the Augmented Category 6 UTP cable, the 10GBASE-T Ethernet standard, application-oriented data center cabling, industrial cabling, wireless networks, and more. With the growing importance of standards-based systems, this book is built around various standards for generic cabling systems, such as TIA/EIA-569B for commercial buildings and -570B for homes.
- updated to reflect new network standards including 10 gigabit Ethernet, new performance requirements such as alien crosswalk specifications, and new developments in fiber optics including laser-optimized 50 micron multimode fibers
- features a concise, informative, and reader-friendly style that depicts the various performance parameters of cabling systems and how all of the parts fit together
- focused, standards-based coverage is non-vendor specific and has widespread application to all manufacturers' products in a variety of settings
- particular attention has been given to providing complete and usable information that can be applied to an array of real-world problems
2. Copper Cables
3. Fiber Optics
4. Connectors and Interconnection Hardware
6. System Considerations
7. Application-Oriented Cabling Standards
8. Installing Cabling Systems
9. Certifying the Cabling System
10. Documenting and Administrating the Cabling System
11. Residential Cabling Systems
Premises Cabling Specification
Abbreviations and Acronyms
Cable Color Codes
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resource serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips or guidelines, essay questions, answers to review and test questions, key objectives, glossary, appendices and exercises for content reinforcement.